Unsuccessful due to missing relevant info?! Watch

ns2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I had applied to Manchester for Management, however, my referee forgot to include my predicted grades. Just got rejected saying my application had missing relevant info. Everything was complete apart from that. I mean rn I'm kinda bummed that they hadn't emailed me prior to even ask what they wanted to know. Can anyone tell me why they must've not done that?

Warwick is the only uni apart from Manchester that hasn't specifically emailed me for additional information, yet. And now I am REALLY paranoid. What should I do?
freefood
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Email warwick letting them know, just so the same thing can't happen (and ask your useless referee how they forgot that)
ns2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by freefood)
Email warwick letting them know, just so the same thing can't happen (and ask your useless referee how they forgot that)
I hadn't emailed them yet as I was under the impression to only provide info until asked damn
freefood
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ns2001)
I hadn't emailed them yet as I was under the impression to only provide info until asked damn
Yeah but if Manchester declined you for that it's better to stay safe than sorry also if it's info that needs to be on the originl aplication, they probably need to know
camnduong
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe call the university and see if they'll do anything and they probably done that because they want you to take action instead as it's your referees fault for not including your predicted grades
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had applied to Manchester for Management, however, my referee forgot to include my predicted grades. Just got rejected saying my application had missing relevant info. Everything was complete apart from that. I mean rn I'm kinda bummed that they hadn't emailed me prior to even ask what they wanted to know. Can anyone tell me why they must've not done that?

Warwick is the only uni apart from Manchester that hasn't specifically emailed me for additional information, yet. And now I am REALLY paranoid. What should I do?
Your referee has a duty to intervene. Get on the phone to Manchester tomorrow, and enlist your referee to support your case, subject to the feedback that you receive from Manchester.
ns2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
Your referee has a duty to intervene. Get on the phone to Manchester tomorrow, and enlist your referee to support your case, subject to the feedback that you receive from Manchester.
Since I'm an international applicant my agent also told me it's alright for referees to forget, am I getting bamboozled because I really don't know what UK standard application procedure is like
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Since I'm an international applicant my agent also told me it's alright for referees to forget, am I getting bamboozled because I really don't know what UK standard application procedure is like
You still need to contact Manchester asap, as the rejection may have been triggered automatically and isn’t necessarily irreversible.
ns2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
You still need to contact Manchester asap, as the rejection may have been triggered automatically and isn’t necessarily irreversible.
I have emailed them asking what went wrong, I'm waiting on their reply so I can act accordingly

Manchester was never my top tho, but a rejection amongst the limited options that UCAS gives us is quite daunting. Mainly I'm worried about what I should do about Warwick because if Manchester had a problem I'd like to secure myself asap for a possible offer from Warwick
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have emailed them asking what went wrong, I'm waiting on their reply so I can act accordingly

Manchester was never my top tho, but a rejection amongst the limited options that UCAS gives us is quite daunting. Mainly I'm worried about what I should do about Warwick because if Manchester had a problem I'd like to secure myself asap for a possible offer from Warwick
You need to phone Warwick admissions today with your UCAS number handy and tell them that your predicted grades. And as others have said, you should also contact Manchester and explain about your referee's mistake.
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

*Call* your universities in the first instance. It may be that your referee will need to email them the missing information. But talk to the universities first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ns2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
*Call* your universities in the first instance. It may be that your referee will need to email them the missing information. But talk to the universities first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They just got back to me saying that its because I only mentioned the grade 10 qualification I received (kind of like GCSE but in the Indian system) but how was I supposed to mention a qualification I'll only get in June?! Bath and Lancaster directly asked me for my predicted grades for 12th. They also said its super competitive so I can only try through clearing now
Last edited by ns2001; 1 week ago
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
but how was I supposed to mention a qualification I'll only get in June?!
That's what predictions are for.

A-level applicants don't sit their exams until May/June either and they get their results in August. They (and you) should have put "pending" qualifications on UCAS and then the referee is prompted to predict the grades.

Universities are very used to making offers using pending qualifications. Probably about 80% of all offers are made on that basis - that's why they are conditional on achieving the required grades.

Didn't you put that you have pending qualifications...?
ns2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
That's what predictions are for.

A-level applicants don't sit their exams until May/June either and they get their results in August. They (and you) should have put "pending" qualifications on UCAS and then the referee is prompted to predict the grades.

Universities are very used to making offers using pending qualifications. Probably about 80% of all offers are made on that basis - that's why they are conditional on achieving the required grades.

Didn't you put that you have pending qualifications...?
I don't remember, I wasn't notified about this by my agent either. I guess there is nothing to be done now expect hope Warwick, bath and Lancaster come through
CreativeDreamer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd suggest ringing manchester admissions directly and explaining you're taking qualifications this year, which you're not sure if they were added onto your UCAS appication. If the case is that they weren't, maybe ring UCAS and see what they can do to add them on

It sounds like there's maybe some kind of misunderstanding along the line with your application
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't remember, I wasn't notified about this by my agent either. I guess there is nothing to be done now expect hope Warwick, bath and Lancaster come through
How much did you pay this agent?!?!? 😕
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They just got back to me saying that its because I only mentioned the grade 10 qualification I received (kind of like GCSE but in the Indian system) but how was I supposed to mention a qualification I'll only get in June?! Bath and Lancaster directly asked me for my predicted grades for 12th. They also said its super competitive so I can only try through clearing now
Seriously, your agent is rubbish. I wish you all the best with your other applications anyway - Warwick, Bath and Lancaster are all great places and they do now have the correct information, right?
ns2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
This is globalstudyuk and they reached out to me, it's free I guess
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What you do is call them all (including Manchester again) and explain the situation. Then you use
https://www.ucas.com/content/request...ur-application

NOTE: do NOT add the predicted grades on that form, just the fact you are taking the exams.

See info here:
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...te-application

(Original post by ageshallnot)
Indeed...
ns2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Seriously, your agent is rubbish. I wish you all the best with your other applications anyway - Warwick, Bath and Lancaster are all great places and they do now have the correct information, right?
Yeah thankfully Bath and Lancaster were nice enough to not jump the gun, which I am really grateful for right now, hopefully, they make a positive decision soon. I took all of your advice and emailed Warwick letting them know of this so hopefully they are aware

Thank you so much! <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (10)
5.41%
No (175)
94.59%

Watched Threads