Unsuccessful due to missing relevant info?! Watch

harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ns2001)
Yeah thankfully Bath and Lancaster were nice enough to not jump the gun, which I am really grateful for right now, hopefully, they make a positive decision soon. I took all of your advice and emailed Warwick letting them know of this so hopefully they are aware

Thank you so much! <3
You're very welcome! And make sure you complete the form that Doonesbury has provided the links to above
ns2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
What you do is call them all (including Manchester again) and explain the situation. Then you use
https://www.ucas.com/content/request...ur-application

NOTE: do NOT add the predicted grades on that form, just the fact you are taking the exams.

See info here:
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...te-application

Indeed...
Thank you so much, I really wouldn't have known what to do if it weren't for this
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you so much, I really wouldn't have known what to do if it weren't for this
Tell Manchester you used these "advisors":
This is globalstudyuk and they reached out to me, it's free I guess
The universities must be paying a finders fee to them (someone is paying them something somewhere if it's not you) and if they give such terrible service to you there's every reason to believe they are doing the same to others.

What a shambles.
Maya20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
How much did you pay this agent?!?!? 😕
Guys, I paid a great amount of money to an agent as well only to get ZERO help on my application and ended up doing the research myself on the application procedure!
These agents are a great money wasting machine, DONT spend your time and money on these frauds.
ns2001
Rep:
?
Tell Manchester you used these "advisors":

The universities must be paying a finders fee to them (someone is paying them something somewhere if it's not you) and if they give such terrible service to you there's every reason to believe they are doing the same to others.

What a shambles.
Manchester just shut me up off the bat, they said there's too much competition, universities do not under any circumstances consider incomplete applications (which is funny because Bath and Lancaster got back to me) so I think that's that. I don't think I want to correspond with them anymore damn
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Maya20)
Guys, I paid a great amount of money to an agent as well only to get ZERO help on my application and ended up doing the research myself on the application procedure!
These agents are a great money wasting machine, DONT spend your time and money on these frauds.
Sorry to hear that. Can I suggest you tell your school/college about this too, and maybe instead point them to all the free help available on TSR.

There are UCAS trained volunteers here ready and able to assist any applicants - including (and especially) those overseas who don't have experience of the UK admissions system
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Manchester just shut me up off the bat, they said there's too much competition, universities do not under any circumstances consider incomplete applications (which is funny because Bath and Lancaster got back to me) so I think that's that. I don't think I want to correspond with them anymore damn
Manchester's a dump anyway...Bath and Lancaster are much nicer places
Leaderboard
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I studied your system before coming here, and hence am aware of the context.
If your referee now sends the predicted grades, would Manchester reconsider?

P.S: This happened with me last year - my referee did not have the ability to give predicted grades apparently. None of my universities rejected me solely because of that, as far as I'm aware.
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Since I'm an international applicant my agent also told me it's alright for referees to forget, am I getting bamboozled because I really don't know what UK standard application procedure is like
The standard application procedure is, you'd put the A-levels or IBs or whatever that you're going to have achieved, on your UCAS and you put the grade as pending, which the referee then assigns a predicted grade to.

"It's alright for referees to forget" well clearly it isn't if your referee's screw-up got you rejected.
JaredzzC
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Manchester's a dump anyway...Bath and Lancaster are much nicer places
OI :spank: :eviltongue:
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hate the current system of fairy predictions of grades, which schools dishing out A* predictions, while in others you have to sell your soul to Satan for an A* despite similar ability/achievement - would like to see applying for unis after recieving grades ....
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
hate the current system of fairy predictions of grades, which schools dishing out A* predictions, while in others you have to sell your soul to Satan for an A* despite similar ability/achievement - would like to see applying for unis after recieving grades ....
Good news because they are currently considering it
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...edicted-grades
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JaredzzC)
OI :spank: :eviltongue:
Sorry, was just trying to make OP feel better... actually love Manchester...maybe :blush:
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
I had applied to Manchester for Management, however, my referee forgot to include my predicted grades. Just got rejected saying my application had missing relevant info. Everything was complete apart from that. I mean rn I'm kinda bummed that they hadn't emailed me prior to even ask what they wanted to know. Can anyone tell me why they must've not done that?

Warwick is the only uni apart from Manchester that hasn't specifically emailed me for additional information, yet. And now I am REALLY paranoid. What should I do?
The predicted grades are an inegral part of the application and the responsibiliyu of you and your referee to check they are included.

Maybe join the dots and get your referee to send the others the predicted grades. theres a special place on the ference for them.
ns2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leaderboard)
I studied your system before coming here, and hence am aware of the context.
If your referee now sends the predicted grades, would Manchester reconsider?

P.S: This happened with me last year - my referee did not have the ability to give predicted grades apparently. None of my universities rejected me solely because of that, as far as I'm aware.
I attempted to ask them if there's any way they can reconsider my case, as other uni's did actively give me a fair chance..they said they're sorry, but they can't offer me a place amongst all the competition as my application is incomplete. I can't believe they thought I only completed grade 10 I think it's common sense as Bath, Lancaster and Cardiff did catch on to my error and waved it aside
ns2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
The standard application procedure is, you'd put the A-levels or IBs or whatever that you're going to have achieved, on your UCAS and you put the grade as pending, which the referee then assigns a predicted grade to.

"It's alright for referees to forget" well clearly it isn't if your referee's screw-up got you rejected.
yeah now that I think about it I should've been more vigilant she had access to my account as well, I don't want to shift this on her but damn if I had known
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah now that I think about it I should've been more vigilant she had access to my account as well, I don't want to shift this on her but damn if I had known
We live and learn
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is globalstudyuk and they reached out to me, it's free I guess
We look forward to reading your complaint to them and their response!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Maya20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry to hear that. Can I suggest you tell your school/college about this too, and maybe instead point them to all the free help available on TSR.

There are UCAS trained volunteers here ready and able to assist any applicants - including (and especially) those overseas who don't have experience of the UK admissions system
Hi, great suggestion, but I think it'll fall on deaf ears.
For example, my EDUCATION COUNSELLOR at sixth form was convinced that applications for medicine go out on Jan 15, even after I gently asked her to check again to see if she had the right info. Oh, and she also thought that medicine didn't have an interview and there was no aptitude test to give before sending off an application.
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Maya20)
Hi, great suggestion, but I think it'll fall on deaf ears.
For example, my EDUCATION COUNSELLOR at sixth form was convinced that applications for medicine go out on Jan 15, even after I gently asked her to check again to see if she had the right info. Oh, and she also thought that medicine didn't have an interview and there was no aptitude test to give before sending off an application.
This is why TSR exists (it's just a shame not everyone finds us...).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.59%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.19%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.15%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.15%
No (200)
69.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed