Building muscle/ gaining weight for very petite girl Watch

Lottiee2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Any advice on workouts/ how often to workout and meal plans to gain muscle, as I’m fed up of having a body that looks like a 10 year olds!!

(Just to say, I don’t think girls like me with petite bodies are bad at all! It’s just not the look I personally want!)
Last edited by Lottiee2; 1 week ago
pashterrr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sure you're perfect just the way you are
batter mix
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Start with 3 times a week and slowly build up to 5-6 times a week.

Make sure you do a combination and keep chanigng it up and challenging yourself to see results. For instance start with 45 mins - 15 mins cardio (running or cross-training), 20 mins strenth (focus on each muscle group every day of the week with compound exercises) and 10 mins cooldown or stretching to increase flexibility.

These work for me - Weights, HIIT, Pilates, CrossFit, Yoga. Once you have a routine, change and challenge yourself.

For eating - lean meats, proteins and the usual. Avoid simple carbs, trans fat, basically processed foods. If you are going to do this seriously, make sure to take protein supplements.
Lottiee2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by batter mix)
Start with 3 times a week and slowly build up to 5-6 times a week.

Make sure you do a combination and keep chanigng it up and challenging yourself to see results. For instance start with 45 mins - 15 mins cardio (running or cross-training), 20 mins strenth (focus on each muscle group every day of the week with compound exercises) and 10 mins cooldown or stretching to increase flexibility.

These work for me - Weights, HIIT, Pilates, CrossFit, Yoga. Once you have a routine, change and challenge yourself.

For eating - lean meats, proteins and the usual. Avoid simple carbs, trans fat, basically processed foods. If you are going to do this seriously, make sure to take protein supplements.
Thanks so much, this was really helpful, I’m starting right now today with 30mins cardio/20mins strength for 5 days a week (and a lot more protein, as I already don’t have that much fat in my diet) and hopefully I’ll see results soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.72%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.31%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.18%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.18%
No (197)
69.61%

Watched Threads