Rejected from University Watch

Conorb98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone, i have just checked ucas to see that MMU have rejected all my applications to study at their university.

Last year i attended MMU studying a computer game course however i failed because a major event happened in my life, so i have took a year off hoping to go back in September.

Im just not sure why i would be rejected, i meet the entry requirements and on the phone when i was asking if i could reapply they told me there was no reason i couldn't restart university.

I was wondering what options do i have left, i will ring university however i just thought i would ask here first as i would get a less formal and more straight forward answer

*edit* i have only done one year of university so i still have 3 years of student loans available if that makes any difference
Last edited by Conorb98; 1 week ago
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Conorb98)
Hi everyone, i have just checked ucas to see that MMU have rejected all my applications to study at their university.

Last year i attended MMU studying a computer game course however i failed because a major event happened in my life, so i have took a year off hoping to go back in September.

Im just not sure why i would be rejected, i meet the entry requirements and on the phone when i was asking if i could reapply they told me there was no reason i couldn't restart university.

I was wondering what options do i have left, i will ring university however i just thought i would ask here first as i would get a less formal and more straight forward answer

*edit* i have only done one year of university so i still have 3 years of student loans available if that makes any difference
Sorry to hear that Conor, but no one on here will be able to tell you why you were rejected - only MMU will be able to do that. You plan to ring them today anyway and hopefully they will give you a decent answer and not just a generic "there were stronger applicants".

Obviously you are disappointed but what you can do now is research other Unis that offer your course and that accept the grades you have. Ucas Extra opens at the end of the month, which will allow you to make a fresh appliation to a new uni. As you can only make one application at a time, it is important to have done your research before you apply.
Manchester Metropolitan University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Conorb98)

Hello Conor,

I'm sorry to hear your applications were unsuccessful. We'd advise contacting our Science and Engineering Admissions Team as soon as possible on 0161 247 5921 or [email protected] to query this. Please have your UCAS Personal ID to hand when you call or include this in your email.

I hope this helps.

Matt
MMU TSR Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (35)
12.54%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.47%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.23%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.23%
No (194)
69.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed