Phelpseygirl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi guys,

My name is Ella and I am a first year A level student at Hartpury. Please ask any questions you want to about any of the courses and I will try my best to answer you. It doesn’t have to be about the course, it can be about anything. Please feel free to shoot any questions at me.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
madi.tombs
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
HiI am looking to apply to hartpury for a levels starting in 2020 and am wondering if you know anything about the pre vet course they do.Also do you know anything about the accommodation?Thanks
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, I am doing A Levels at Hartpury currently. I know plenty about the accommodation at Hartpury and have friends who do the pre vet course so i am happy to answer any of your questions. Do you have anything in particular you wanted to know?
madi.tombs
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi

About the pre vet i was mainly wondering what you actually do in the sessions and if people think it is worth doing.
With accommodation i just wanted to know if it is good and if there is enough support for people staying there in regards to school work and other issues. Also how do they choose who you room with?
Thanks
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey,

I have asked your question to my friends and will definitely get back to you on pre vet but as far as I know, they really enjoy being in it. It also seems very interactive.

In regards to accommodation, the residential blocks are really nice and have plenty of room. I find living on site also helps a person to settle in on site as you are with people all the time but it doesn’t matter either way.

In regards to school work, residential students are required to attend extra study sessions outside of lessons to help them consolidate their knowledge. In these sessions, they also have opportunities to get help from their teachers.

With other issues, there is plenty of help at Hartpury as we have a ‘student hub’ where students can access anything from counselling, a nurse for healthcare purposes and an ICE centre to help you apply for jobs in the future. In addition to this, you will be introduced to your tutor in the first week of enrolment and any concerns can be talked about with them.

They tend to choose who you share your room with depending on what extra curricular’s you do. Some of these such as tending to a horse require people to have to wake up earlier meaning that they might wake others up. Hartpury aims to put people together based on their course and what times people have to be up and stuff like that.

Hope this helps, let me know if you want any more information
Cupcake82949
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
hi im a female currently doing my gcses and im really interested in going to hartury next year but im not the brightest I know I will pass all my exams with 5s maybe 4s for maths and science though. I hope to get 6s in some of my chosen subjects tho im not sure I defiantly will I ideally would like to study my a levels next year but I don't think with those grades or 5s specifically id be accepted to this at Hartpury. moreover I would need to board and I understand there would be limited numbers.

I also love sport though and like to think im fairly good at football especially and next year I would like to take on other sports more seriously so I was wondering if this would help me get in at all.

if im unable to attend hartpury to do my a levels with those sorts of results i would be willing to look into other courses if it meant i could go to hartpury but i do not think this would be a good idea to apply now and explain that to someone so i would wait till i get my results but is this to late?

overall I guess id mainly like to know what you think id be able to do and how easy it is to be accepted i dont want to embarrass myself asking my parents to help me apply if its unrealistic for me to even get a place
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi Cupcake82949,

First of all, I’m sure you will do great with your exams and I wish you luck in doing them. In answer to your question, I managed to get into Hartpury with mostly 5s doing A Levels so I can’t see that there will be much of a problem, if anything they might change some of your subjects around your results. In terms of residential, playing a sport tends to help you get a residential room as they understand the training times. I would definitely put in an application because even if you can’t get into A levels, they might be able to enrol you into a Btec in football or something?

Any other questions, let me know
Cupcake82949
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
would there still be spaces after results day
(Original post by Phelpseygirl)
Hi Cupcake82949,

First of all, I’m sure you will do great with your exams and I wish you luck in doing them. In answer to your question, I managed to get into Hartpury with mostly 5s doing A Levels so I can’t see that there will be much of a problem, if anything they might change some of your subjects around your results. In terms of residential, playing a sport tends to help you get a residential room as they understand the training times. I would definitely put in an application because even if you can’t get into A levels, they might be able to enrol you into a Btec in football or something?

Any other questions, let me know
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I think there will. As I’m only an ambassador, I can’t give a definite answer and I would encourage you to make the application before results day as it would at least give you a better chance but I’m sure there will be a spot on one of your courses that you could be put in. I would definitely advise to apply now though because even if you don’t get your grades, there are things that Hartpury can do to help you.
Alice_Doyle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, if you still have questions you can contact Admissions and they will be able to help you
(Original post by Cupcake82949)
hi im a female currently doing my gcses and im really interested in going to hartury next year but im not the brightest I know I will pass all my exams with 5s maybe 4s for maths and science though. I hope to get 6s in some of my chosen subjects tho im not sure I defiantly will I ideally would like to study my a levels next year but I don't think with those grades or 5s specifically id be accepted to this at Hartpury. moreover I would need to board and I understand there would be limited numbers.

I also love sport though and like to think im fairly good at football especially and next year I would like to take on other sports more seriously so I was wondering if this would help me get in at all.

if im unable to attend hartpury to do my a levels with those sorts of results i would be willing to look into other courses if it meant i could go to hartpury but i do not think this would be a good idea to apply now and explain that to someone so i would wait till i get my results but is this to late?

overall I guess id mainly like to know what you think id be able to do and how easy it is to be accepted i dont want to embarrass myself asking my parents to help me apply if its unrealistic for me to even get a place
Mrs.sjp
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, my daughter is coming for an A level interview on Friday, please can you offer any advise, and suggest what she should wear?
Last edited by Mrs.sjp; 3 weeks ago
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, an A level interview is generally just a way for Hartpury to get to know prospective students and their academic needs. No particular clothing is preferable for this, I went in my school uniform as I was at school in the morning but most people came in casual clothing. As long as clothing is not offensive in any way, Hartpury should be fine. My best advice is just to go with it, it’s honestly more like a conversation about the prospective student and what they wish to achieve rather than a gruelling interview. I hope all goes well 😊
Mrs.sjp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Brilliant, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?