Nervous about practical driving test... Watch

Mwalke7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So my practical test is coming up and I'm getting really nervous.

I really really really want to pass and I think I've done enough practice/hours but there is a part of me that isn't sure if it's enough. I don't know if I feel ready. I do, but I don't.

Any insight on the test? Was it as scary as you thought? Is it difficult to pass?

THANKS!
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've done my driving test twice and for both I was really nervous before but as soon as I started the car I calmed down really quickly. If you're a calm driver in lessons in theory you should be calm during your test. Most examiners are really friendly! I haven't had a bad experience with one- both of mine made an effort make me feel at ease by chatting normally.

I haven't passed my test yet- both times I failed due to bad luck, so for me it has been difficult to pass I guess but a lot of my friends have passed first time. Definitely not as scary as I thought! Learn your responses for your safety questions and remember traffic is good because it means there's less driving time on the test!

If you feel ready it's likely you'll be absolutely fine! If you fail you can always try again!

Lucy
charl.elise
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To add to what's been said above: you can drive near-perfectly and still fail if someone else is being a prat on the road. Good luck, but remember it's not the end of the world if you don't pass.
Mwalke7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by hallamstudents)
I've done my driving test twice and for both I was really nervous before but as soon as I started the car I calmed down really quickly. If you're a calm driver in lessons in theory you should be calm during your test. Most examiners are really friendly! I haven't had a bad experience with one- both of mine made an effort make me feel at ease by chatting normally.

I haven't passed my test yet- both times I failed due to bad luck, so for me it has been difficult to pass I guess but a lot of my friends have passed first time. Definitely not as scary as I thought! Learn your responses for your safety questions and remember traffic is good because it means there's less driving time on the test!

If you feel ready it's likely you'll be absolutely fine! If you fail you can always try again!

Lucy
Thanks for your great post! Sorry it took ages to reply. Yeah it can definitely make a difference if the examiner is up to chatting to you! Hope you pass yours soon
Mwalke7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by charl.elise)
To add to what's been said above: you can drive near-perfectly and still fail if someone else is being a prat on the road. Good luck, but remember it's not the end of the world if you don't pass.
Yeah that's the main thing I'm worried about! If the test was just in an empty warehouse with various obstacles that'd be perfect. But it's good practice to be ready for all sorts of problems that occur from someone else. Thanks for replying!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.59%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.19%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.15%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.15%
No (200)
69.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed