Any hope for KCL with a 25 LNAT MCQ score? Watch

Heinz Guderian
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Just got the email, sort of expected this. I had no sleep on the day of the exam (was so goddamn nervous) and screwed up a lot of questions that I realized in hindsight I could have easily answered.

Anyways, got an offer from Bristol already, is getting into KCL plausible with that score?
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
In previous years, average has been around 27. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...data.xlsx.html

Less likely, but only time will tell.
anonymous1231231
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I got UCL w 23, so I’m sure you’ll be fine. Tbf UCL really emphasise the essay and KCL barely read it. Only time will tell.
Heinz Guderian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notoriety)
In previous years, average has been around 27. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...data.xlsx.html

Less likely, but only time will tell.
I'm aware it was around 27 my dude. Wasn't asking that. How would you estimate my chances with that? The average ain't the minimum. That number can be pretty distorted if there are large extremes within the applicant pool (i.e. a lot of really high scores+a lot of lower scores). Was wondering if anyone has experience.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Heinz Guderian)
I'm aware it was around 27 my dude. Wasn't asking that. How would you estimate my chances with that? The average ain't the minimum. That number can be pretty distorted if there are large extremes within the applicant pool (i.e. a lot of really high scores+a lot of lower scores). Was wondering if anyone has experience.
I like the attitude you lot give when people answer your question.

We don't have a breakdown on those getting an offer against a specific score, so no one can tell you. Even if we did, they'd be applicable to previous years. We know the LNAT average is a bit higher this year than previous.

So in summary, we don't know. You're gonna have to just sit tight and stop taking your angst out on people trying to help you.
Heinz Guderian
Rep:
?

We don't have a breakdown on those getting an offer against a specific score, so no one can tell you. Even if we did, they'd be applicable to previous years. We know the LNAT average is a bit higher this year than previous.

So in summary, we don't know. You're gonna have to just sit tight and stop taking your angst out on people trying to help you.
Didn't mean to come across as having an attitude, sorry.
Just wanted to clarify what I was asking since I didn't originally provide enough info for anyone to be able to answer what I wanted to know. Sorry.

The way I see it, the pattern can't be that different from previous years. So someone who got into KCL in a previous year might be able to shed some light on the situation (i.e. this person got 25 and got in, or got 25 and didn't get in with the cited reason being a low LNAT etc....)
Last edited by Heinz Guderian; 3 months ago
Heinz Guderian
Rep:
?

Also, found this:

22. The average LNAT score for an offer holder 25

23. The lowest LNAT score for an offer holder 14

This was for 2018.
Cited from https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ponse.pdf.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
22.91%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.2%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
14.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise