asdasd1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys! Im really sure which degree to opt for. I want to study marketing at university and got most of my offers back

Swansea University: Business Management (Marketing)
UWE: Marketing
Cardiff Met: Marketing Management
Aston: Marketing
Aston: Business mangement (foundation)

Im in a dilemma, I need some help. Which one would be worth studying? Also which one would generally get a job easier, and high salary, management with with marketing or just marketing? Is there much difference between the two? Obviously I would want to go into a top end University.

Also, the reason I applied to aston foundation year is that one, If i dont get a offer back from aston 1st year, I can go straight into the course If I pass my foundation year. And second, would it be worth studying foundation year at one University then join the top university in the country to do marketing? Ive spoken to many of the top end unis such as bath, warwick, royal holloway and they said if i do a foundation year in another uni then I can apply to their uni as long as i pass the foundation year.

Guys I really need some help here
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by asdasd1)
Hey guys! Im really sure which degree to opt for. I want to study marketing at university and got most of my offers back

Swansea University: Business Management (Marketing)
UWE: Marketing
Cardiff Met: Marketing Management
Aston: Marketing
Aston: Business mangement (foundation)

Im in a dilemma, I need some help. Which one would be worth studying? Also which one would generally get a job easier, and high salary, management with with marketing or just marketing? Is there much difference between the two? Obviously I would want to go into a top end University.

Also, the reason I applied to aston foundation year is that one, If i dont get a offer back from aston 1st year, I can go straight into the course If I pass my foundation year. And second, would it be worth studying foundation year at one University then join the top university in the country to do marketing? Ive spoken to many of the top end unis such as bath, warwick, royal holloway and they said if i do a foundation year in another uni then I can apply to their uni as long as i pass the foundation year.

Guys I really need some help here
Hi,

Great to hear you’ve applied to us. You might be interested to look at the Unistats website for information on our course. 82% of our graduates go onto a professional or managerial job within six months of graduating. The average starting salary being £24,000 after six months and £31,000 after three years. These graduate outcomes actually match or exceed the outcomes for marketing courses of the universities you’ve mentioned transferring too after completing a foundation course.

If you have any more questions just give me a shout & definitely make sure to come onto campus for one of our applicant visit days. Best of luck with your
decision and exams.

Josh
asdasd1
Rep:
?
Whats the current past rate for foundation level business? What do the rest of you guys think?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do the rest of you guys think?
Pick the course with the content you most enjoy.

Do any of the courses offer a year in industry? That would be a plus.
asdasd1
Rep:
?
Yes they do! Also, would you consider doing a foundation year at one uni then going to maybe one of the top for marketing? Aston is also one of the best for marketing (11th in CUG 2019)I was just thinking about maybe better employability chances at bath, warwick maybe? Holloway?Also would if anyone knew, is there much difference in marketing and management with marketing?Is management with marketing higher ranking than just marketing?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes they do! Also, would you consider doing a foundation year at one uni then going to maybe one of the top for marketing? Aston is also one of the best for marketing (11th in CUG 2019)I was just thinking about maybe better employability chances at bath, warwick maybe? Holloway?Also would if anyone knew, is there much difference in marketing and management with marketing?Is management with marketing higher ranking than just marketing?
I wouldn't worry about doing a foundation. Just go into a course at a university you like. Employers aren't really looking at uni rankings (unless you are aiming for IB or similar) - they are looking for good people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (50)
17.79%
No one else does (87)
30.96%
I'm embarrassed about my background (30)
10.68%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (95)
33.81%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.14%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.14%

Watched Threads