A level choices

Watch this thread
mixhelleee
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey I’m picking a level subjects I want to chose two new subjects to me , sociology and politics would I be hard for me.
Kate23456712
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mixhelleee)
Hey I’m picking a level subjects I want to chose two new subjects to me , sociology and politics would I be hard for me.
Physics or Biology for third A level for Medicine
mixhelleee
Rep:
?? I just realised my question didn’t make sense. I’m set on doing chemistry and biology but I don’t know if choosing two new subjects will be stressful
Kate23456712
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
?? I just realised my question didn’t make sense. I’m set on doing chemistry and biology but I don’t know if choosing two new subjects will be stressful
Sorry???
mixhelleee
Rep:
I’m in year 11 choosing a level subjects. I know I want to do chemistry and biology but I don’t know if doing two subjects I have never done before will be too much stress. I need 4 subjects in total
Glitch2417
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I’m in year 11 choosing a level subjects. I know I want to do chemistry and biology but I don’t know if doing two subjects I have never done before will be too much stress. I need 4 subjects in to
I'm currently doing my Alevels - Psychology, Sociology and Religious studies. I may be bias in saying but sociology to me is a great subject. I had never done it before and now it is one of my strongest subjects. Politics and sociology go very well with eachother as you cover bits in sociology that would also be covered in politics. The only thing I would consider is that both of these subjects are essay based, which to some can be challenging. Then again, it really depends on the person. 4 alevels are a lot of work and can take up a lot of time but if you're very determined and committed you should be okay with them.
mixhelleee
Rep:
Is rs a levels different to gcse
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Is rs a levels different to gcse
RS - for me at least, is a massive step up from GCSE, a different technique and very different topics. I love it though because it goes really well with my other two subjects.

To answer your original question, why do you need to do 4? 3 is what you need to get into uni and 4 adds a lot of stress. Also if you know what you want to do/study at uni, choose something that relates to that, if not, go with something you'll enjoy.
mixhelleee
Rep:
That’s just what the school goes by. 4 at AS and 3 if u want to drop one at the end
Glitch2417
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
That’s just what the school goes by. 4 at AS and 3 if u want to drop one at the end
Religious studies is really interesting but the content and structure is quite different from GCSE. I know at GCSE you didn't have to remember specific names like you do at Alevel and there are a lot more topics that you have to go over at Alevel than at GCSE. Also, the exams are different, I think at GCSE you do 2 or three exams that contain a 4 mark, 6mark and then a 12 mark question however at Alevel you have three exams, all of which you have to write 3 40 mark essays. HOWEVER, I didn't do AS level so it could be slightly different to Alevel exams and content.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
What do you want to do at uni?
mixhelleee
Rep:
(Original post by Emma:-))
What do you want to do at uni?
I’m the future I would want to be a pharmacist
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I’m the future I would want to be a pharmacist
Look on unis websites, to see if they specify any particular subjects for that course.
Ahad67767
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi I need urgent help ASAP.My subs are economics and law and I have to choose between history or business.I’ll either be studying in the UK or US.Plus I’ll be doing anything in the future except engineering or medicine etc as u can see from my subs...so please help me out and like also a subject amongst those which universities prefer aswell.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads