Retainer is cutting my gums and is causing minor bleeding Watch

Studentboy783
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So my retainer was fine yesterday when I got it but now the bottom half has caused a large cut and is causing minor bleeding. The pain because of it is a constant pain. My braces never did anything this bad. I’ve felt it and at the end it’s pretty sharp. I don’t want to just take it out because then 3 years of braces is down the drain. Is there anything I can do I’ve spoken to my friends and they’ve told me that’s not normal but I’m not sure if I’d be able to get it fixed until Thursday of next week
Studentboy783
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
The reason this is worrying me is because this happened to my mum and she ended up getting a infection which was causing her problems over 12 years later
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Tell him to stop it!
Minsun2019
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My first retainer I got on my bottom one was crap as it was a softer material than the regular retainers. I got the essix vaccum retainers. So my teeth did relapse. So the other day I went back to my orthodontics and he even said the material was bad and he was going to give me a new retainer. However when I got it today, it fit loose like my old one and it has been cutting my gym, and bleeding. I was confused on why my orthdontist would use my mould to when I just got my braces off when my teeth have shift a bit. I thought I would be getting braces again or a different type of retainer but guess not. And I was thinking why I wasn't getting a new mould since my teeth have shifted. I have been wearing my retainer as my orthodontist instructed me to but due to the material of the retainer, my teeth shifted my easily. Now I'm waiting for a reply from the orthodontist to see what they will do. Anyways, I would advise to not wear it but then if you don't, your teeth will shift. I'm lucky I didn't have to pay for the retainers. Go to a pharmacy and see if there is the glue thing that covers the gum or any part of your teeth. The ortho I think I'll cut your retainer down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads

Latest