Will the UK ever "kamazi", back into the EU? Watch

ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
People are allowed to make typos you know, it happens. Not exclusive to brexiteers.
Did you know that before brexit typo's didn't even exist and that's another reason why we should never leave the EU.
At least that's what that cnut Tony Blair told me
Last edited by ColinDent; 1 week ago
Burton Bridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
People are allowed to make typos you know, it happens. Not exclusive to brexiteers.
Just leave her to get on with it, all all the poster is proving is there own incapacity to debate like an adult.

The contempt shown for reasonable alternative opinion speaks volumes in itself.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
Your usual Billy BS.

Let's flip this the other way around. How will companies in the EU trade with the UK post hard Brexit? All of the certifications for their products
become obsolete over night meaning that they won't be accepted by the UK without the necessary certification. What do they do? Please tell me.

See how that works?

You are positing a situation where you see the UK begging on the streets for trade deals which is frankly as disingenuous as it is ludicrous.
The EU NEEDS and WANTS to trade with the UK so "STUFF" will get sorted. They will jointly do whatever is needed to enable the imports and exports
to go ahead. Your Project Fear crap is just that, crap.

Here's the chart of EU trading that another poster highlighted. Looks like Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands etc need us more than we need them.

Yep. I get all that. But post hard Brexit, that will be very very very difficult as no one has a clue what is going on. So I put it to you again. How will trade happen post hard Brexit. That is what you want. How will it work?

What you don't seem to understand is that just because two world entities want to do something together doesn't mean it can just happen. There has to be an agreement which is a legal framework on which to trade. Such deals never materialise over night. May has taken 2 years to get a deal that will last only 2 or so years and look how well that went.
Last edited by ByEeek; 1 week ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The frame work is still going to be there, the only thing that will change is what the EU or UK politicians enforce.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
*cough* do you mean 'clever'? typical brexiteer
No... he means cleaver. It's what a Kamazi uses when he keeps losing arguments.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
No... he means cleaver. It's what a Kamazi uses when he keeps losing arguments.
Oh Vinny my old chum, if can't all be as bright as you, if we was the world would be flat
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Your usual Billy BS.

Let's flip this the other way around. How will companies in the EU trade with the UK post hard Brexit? All of the certifications for their products
become obsolete over night meaning that they won't be accepted by the UK without the necessary certification. What do they do? Please tell me.

See how that works?

You are positing a situation where you see the UK begging on the streets for trade deals which is frankly as disingenuous as it is ludicrous.
The EU NEEDS and WANTS to trade with the UK so "STUFF" will get sorted. They will jointly do whatever is needed to enable the imports and exports
to go ahead. Your Project Fear crap is just that, crap.

Here's the chart of EU trading that another poster highlighted. Looks like Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands etc need us more than we need them.

So... we will be unable to either buy or sell from any of them but they will all still be able to buy and sell from each other. Your argument only applies if we were their only supplier/customer. If anything, this will improve their individual economies just as Sainsbury's would benefit if Tesco stopped trading. Wouldn't do much for Tesco shares, though. Your pitiful inability to look beyond the ends of your Boris goggles frightens me even more than Project Fear.
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So... we will be unable to either buy or sell from any of them but they will all still be able to buy and sell from each other. Your argument only applies if we were their only supplier/customer. If anything, this will improve their individual economies just as Sainsbury's would benefit if Tesco stopped trading. Wouldn't do much for Tesco shares, though. Your pitiful inability to look beyond the ends of your Boris goggles frightens me even more than Project Fear.
So let me get this straight, you think that losing a regular customer and percentage of their sales will boost the company's turn over thus boosting the individual EU member states?

Vinny have you ever ran a business?
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So... we will be unable to either buy or sell from any of them but they will all still be able to buy and sell from each other.
Says who? The UK and EU will simply jointly agree the basis on which trade will occur, they both want and need that trade. This notion that things will just stop is ludicrous. Both sides will just put in place the paperwork that is needed and just get on with it. This Project fear stuff is just BS.

The reason it hasn't properly happened at this point in time is because the EU are utterly DESPERATE for us not to leave at all and so are putting up as many obstacles as they possibly can. Giving May a BS deal to table to the UK government is just a part of that nonsense.
Essentially a "deal" that doesn't see us leave the EU at all.

What is now absolutely paramount is that the UK Leaves as soon as humanly possible via NO DEAL. Once we are actually out, irreversibly out, clearly out with no ambiguity or confusion, then and only then will the EU and member states start playing ball and put in place the trade agreements that everyone needs.

Unfortunately right now we are caught in this BS interim period where we are still in the EU and where the drunken EU bureaucrats are still hell bent on denying the UK people what they want. Once that is sorted, everything will drop into place pretty quickly.

Your argument only works if we were their only supplier/customer. If anything, this will improve their individual economies just as Sainsbury's would benefit if Tesco stopped trading.
You're just posturing there. The UK has decided it wants to Leave. Who is it that is trying so very desperately to prevent that from happening? Its the EU !!!

So your bravado BS doesn't hold any water. The big member states stand to lose billions in business. Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands etc. They don't want that to happen. It's totally not a case of them thinking "great, one less competitor" it's a case of "Sh*t we're in real trouble here, we're going to lose billions in business if we don't get a trade deal sorted"

If that's not true then stop all the BS obstruction and allow the UK to leave.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Says who? The UK and EU will simply jointly agree the basis on which trade will occur, they both want and need that trade. This notion that things will just stop is ludicrous. Both sides will just put in place the paperwork that is needed and just get on with it. This Project fear stuff is just BS.

The reason it hasn't properly happened at this point in time is because the EU are utterly DESPERATE for us not to leave at all and so are putting up as many obstacles as they possibly can. Giving May a BS deal to table to the UK government is just a part of that nonsense.
Essentially a "deal" that doesn't see us leave the EU at all.

What is now absolutely paramount is that the UK Leaves as soon as humanly possible via NO DEAL. Once we are actually out, irreversibly out, clearly out with no ambiguity or confusion, then and only then will the EU and member states start playing ball and put in place the trade agreements that everyone needs.

Unfortunately right now we are caught in this BS interim period where we are still in the EU and where the drunken EU bureaucrats are still hell bent on denying the UK people what they want. Once that is sorted, everything will drop into place pretty quickly.

You're just posturing there. The UK has decided it wants to Leave. Who is it that is trying so very desperately to prevent that from happening? Its the EU !!!

So your bravado BS doesn't hold any water. The big member states stand to lose billions in business. Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands etc. They don't want that to happen. It's totally not a case of them thinking "great, one less competitor" it's a case of "Sh*t we're in real trouble here, we're going to lose billions in business if we don't get a trade deal sorted"

If that's not true then stop all the BS obstruction and allow the UK to leave.
So says a no-deal scenario. Cherry picking selective phrases and half sentences isn't going to help even if it is how you won the referendum.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So says a no-deal scenario. Cherry picking selective phrases and half sentences isn't going to help even if it is how you won the referendum.
Answer my question
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Looks like Vinny is in denial.

Germany is the UK's biggest export market in the EU

It's not our biggest export market globally, but it's the biggest in the EU.

Our trade deficit with Germany is higher than with any other country. We imported £26 billion more from Germany in 2016 than we exported to it.

Let's not kid ourselves here or allow the resident EU stooges and apologists to bamboozle us.

The EU member states like Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands and so on stand to LOSE BILLIONS from a No Deal exit of the UK from the EU.

Small wonder that the EU is so desperately trying to prevent us leaving.

All the more reason we should and MUST leave with No Deal as soon as possible.

NOTHING will be achieved by way of a Withdrawal Agreement, the EU isn't offering us one. The only deal they are offering is one that keeps us in the EU, under it's rules, under its control indefinitely.

They can go swivel.

We have to leave with NO DEAL as soon as possible.

Only then will they all come to the table and actually start to negotiate.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Answer my question
Or you have ways of making me talk, I suppose? WW2 in colour, featuring Jacob Rees Mogg as Joseph Goebbels, Boris Johnson as Hermann Goring, Michael Gove as Heinrich Himmler and Nigel Farage as the Fuehrer. Co starring Eva Braun May. Token villains... Donald Tusk and Jean Claude Junker.
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So you can't answer his question Vinny? Poor show.

Keep evading
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Looks like Vinny is in denial.

Germany is the UK's biggest export market in the EU

It's not our biggest export market globally, but it's the biggest in the EU.

Our trade deficit with Germany is higher than with any other country. We imported £26 billion more from Germany in 2016 than we exported to it.

Let's not kid ourselves here or allow the resident EU stooges and apologists to bamboozle us.

The EU member states like Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands and so on stand to LOSE BILLIONS from a No Deal exit of the UK from the EU.

Small wonder that the EU is so desperately trying to prevent us leaving.

All the more reason we should and MUST leave with No Deal as soon as possible.

NOTHING will be achieved by way of a Withdrawal Agreement, the EU isn't offering us one. The only deal they are offering is one that keeps us in the EU, under it's rules, under its control indefinitely.

They can go swivel.

We have to leave with NO DEAL as soon as possible.

Only then will they all come to the table and actually start to negotiate.
Sure I am... Nissan, Debenhams, HMV and now these: https://www.foodmanufacture.co.uk/Ar...meals-facility

700 employees were today given notice and we've not even left yet. Time for another rousing chorus of Project Fear, what a laugh?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Or you have ways of making me talk, I suppose? WW2 in colour, featuring Jacob Rees Mogg as Joseph Goebbels, Boris Johnson as Hermann Goring, Michael Gove as Heinrich Himmler and Nigel Farage as the Fuehrer. Co starring Eva Braun May. Token villains... Donald Tusk and Jean Claude Junker.
Yea... Whatever you say but would it be possible to speak on topic and answer the question?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Yea... Whatever you say but would it be possible to speak on topic and answer the question?
Sure...

ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sure I am... Nissan, Debenhams, HMV and now these: https://www.foodmanufacture.co.uk/Ar...meals-facility

700 employees were today given notice and we've not even left yet. Time for another rousing chorus of Project Fear, what a laugh?
1. That article is from October last year
2. At no point does this article about Tesco's oriental meal production for the UK market mention the effects of brexit on Tesco's decision to change suppliers.
So please feel free to expand your point.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
1. That article is from October last year
2. At no point does this article about Tesco's oriental meal production for the UK market mention the effects of brexit on Tesco's decision to change suppliers.
So please feel free to expand your point.
I know, but the employees were given their notices today! Of course Brexit is never blamed... who wants to upset 52% of their customer base and be branded unpatriotic? Never let the truth get in the way of good PR, the 'leave' campaign certainly didn't.
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know, but the employees were given their notices today! Of course Brexit is never blamed... who wants to upset 52% of their customer base? Never let the truth get in the way of good PR.
So brexit is to blame for a decision made on an entirely internal market, btw Tesco's will still be selling their Asian range of ready made meals, just not the ones made at Kerry foods so who is to blame, the market is still there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%