Will the UK ever "kamazi", back into the EU? Watch

Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
So brexit is to blame for a decision made on an entirely internal market, btw Tesco's will still be selling their Asian range of ready made meals, just not the ones made at Kerry foods so who is to blame, the market is still there.
An entirely internal decision, sure. Try digging past the end of your Boris goggles.
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
An entirely internal decision, sure. Try digging past the end of your Boris goggles for a change.
Avoiding the evidence again Vinny?
Please provide your evidence that Kerry foods decision is based on anything at all to do with brexit.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Avoiding the evidence again Vinny?
Please provide your evidence that Kerry foods decision is based on anything at all to do with brexit.
Sure... just like I did with Nissan. Try doing your own homework for a change.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sure...

Vinny I know you're super intelligent, I'm currently running on 7pints so I'm only running on a fraction of my usual intelligence which is obviously inferior to yours :blush:

So ill ask the question for a third time,
'have you ever ran a business?'
Please can you simplify the answer to a yes or no
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 week ago
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Vinny I know you're super intelligent, I'm currently running on 7pints so I'm only running on a fraction of my usual intelligence which is obviously inferior to yours :blush:

So ill ask the question for a third time,
'have you ever ran a business?'
Please can you simplify the answer to a yes or no
Yes... for 30 yrs. Note the cartoon says 'supporting it' and not 'winning it'. His plan almost worked... oops!
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sure... just like I did with Nissan. Try doing your own homework for a change.
Have you not actually read the article?
I guess that would explain why you don't realise that it's not even slightly brexit related.
The homework that you've done appears to be shoddy and lazy, I'll give you a D minus.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I guess that would explain why you don't realise that it's not even slightly brexit related.
The homework that you've done appears to be shoddy and lazy, I'll give you a D minus.
You're generous, I'd give a refer please do again.

He's just quoting random negative articals about anything and everything and while I expected people on agendas to deliberately misquote anything that goes wrong for the foreseeable future as a pitfall of brexit in one way or another, rightly or wrongly. Vinny on the other hand is taking it to extreme levels he's accrediting the demise of business previous to 2016 on Brexit, an belief that can only be described as deluded.

He was posting random rants over several posts one night when he thanked me for adding "strings to his bow" when I asked if he was speaking about Debenhams closing stores? Since then he keeps quoting Debenhams across several topics, even the guardian doesn't attribute Debenhams 500m loss to Brexit!

Even more proving Vinny's posts are akin to the rants of a madman, he has on several occasions quoted HMV's woe's to Brexit! Here's an artical from years before the Brexit referendum was even spoken about!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...nevitable.html

Sorry Vinny C but you appear to be suffering a special type of delusion, unlike you I'm not taring a vast demographic deluded fantasist's in a bigoted manner! No I'm calling you a fantasist based on you're arugements which neither hold or make logical sense.

Vinny seems to frantically want to prove that there is ill informed low intelligence people who voted leave and is correct however in the process he has proven there is ill informed low intelligence people who voted remain as well.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes... for 30 yrs. Note the cartoon says 'supporting it' and not 'winning it'. His plan almost worked... oops!
Vinny you're cartoon holds no value, it's a joke nothing more or less.

So I said to you

*So let me get this straight, you think that losing a regular customer and percentage of their sales will boost the company's turn over thus boosting the individual EU member states?*

You have more business experience than myself, how is this possible?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
At the time the article was written... maybe. Brexit just tipped the balance. I have inside info.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Vinny you're cartoon holds no value, it's a joke nothing more or less.

So I said to you

*So let me get this straight, you think that losing a regular customer and percentage of their sales will boost the company's turn over thus boosting the individual EU member states?*

You have more business experience than myself, how is this possible?
Can't get stuff done in time in the UK? Do I wait 2 yrs for them to sort it all out or do I go look for another supplier still in the EU? Let me think... hmmm...
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can't get stuff done in time in the UK? Do I wait 2 yrs for them to sort it all out or do I go look for another supplier still in the EU? Let me think...hmmm...
No I'm not talking about the supply chain of the business, we are talking about its customer base.

I'm going to give you the benifit of a ever increasing doubt that you meant customer and you made a typing error because suppliers are always easier than customers to find as a 30 year experienced businessman Im sure you know this already?

So providing the sales team they employ (at a cost) are successful and replace all the UK business which, is highly unlikely if you study the graph I posted from the office of national statistics! However let's say that all the EU companies on the red bars on the graph replace all their lost UK business. Please explain how that is going to boost the individual EU member states national purse, as you claim?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did you know that before brexit typo's didn't even exist and that's another reason why we should never leave the EU.
At least that's what that cnut Tony Blair told me
How dare you speak about Tony like that. We democratically voted for him and have absolutely no right to reconsider that decision. We even voted for him twice!
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
While I cannot say whether we will rejoin a future European federation I can say that I am confident we are leaving and will not be back this side of 2030.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
At the time the article was written... maybe. Brexit just tipped it over the edge. I have inside info.
You will understand of course that, given your propensity to talk erm how should I say this oh yeah ********, I don't believe you.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How dare you speak about Tony like that. We democratically voted for him and have absolutely no right to reconsider that decision. We even voted for him twice!
You have yet again avoided debate, and created a diversion to avoid answering a point you made which is clearly untrue.

Also the diversion you made is more rubbish untrue data! 1997, 2001, and 2005, Blair was the Labour Party's longest-serving Prime Minister, and the first and only person to date to lead the party to three consecutive general election victories.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You have yet again avoided debate, and created a diversion to avoid answering a point you made which is clearly untrue.

Also the diversion you made is more rubbish untrue data! 1997, 2001, and 2005, Blair was the Labour Party's longest-serving Prime Minister, and the first and only person to date to lead the party to three consecutive general election victories.
Like you've avoided this one like the plague:

The trick was in getting people to fall for their fantasies. Human nature naturally opts for the land of milk and honey if offered, even if undeliverable. The latest fantasy seems to be that the govt is deliberately messing up in order to reverse the outcome. Let's see... shall we go for accolade, ovations and cries of well done you Tories or shall we deliberately opt to be labelled incompetent buffoons unable to organise a stroll in the park? Hmm... and still Brexiteers believe the latter. Unbelievable!

Fail to see how voting for him 3 times invalidates the comment that we voted for him twice... but logic never was a Brexiteer strong point.
DJKL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So let me get this straight, you think that losing a regular customer and percentage of their sales will boost the company's turn over thus boosting the individual EU member states?

Vinny have you ever ran a business?
I have and still do.

No, the key is what percentage of the individual company's turnover is predicated on the cross border sales and what damage an interuption will have on that company's ability to continue to operate. No Deal brings into sharp focus how much cash in bank/access to funding a business has to ride through the interuption, as does how long the interuption will continue.

Totals re who sells what to whom at a country level are meaningless unless the country is going to support individual business entities in their time of need, I see no sign that HMG are going to pour support loans into impacted business entities.

Under No Deal, in 47 days (far less working days unless the business entities work the weekends), the change happen and deals in the future are really not much use to those business entities who go out of business in the interim.

The SME sector I do know ,having spent my entire working life supporting them, viewing the sorts of balance sheets they typically have I also have a fair idea how short an interval of grace some will have before they are in really serious trouble; in a lot of cases not very long, a month, two, three, it will vary.

If you want an investment tip for No Deal Brexit, find out which quoted companies offer insolvency/restructuring services as they may well be the growth industry post No Deal Brexit.
Last edited by DJKL; 1 week ago
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DJKL)
I have and still do.

No, the key is what percentage of the individual company's turnover is predicated on the cross border sales and what damage an interuption will have on that company's ability to continue to operate. No Deal brings into sharp focus how much cash in bank/access to funding a business has to ride through the interuption, as does how long the interuption will continue.

Totals re who sells what to whom at a country level are meaningless unless the country is going to support individual business entities in their time of need, I see no sign that HMG are going to pour support loans into impacted business entities.

Under No Deal, in 47 days (far less working days unless the business entities work the weekends), the change happen and deals in the future are really not much use to those business entities who go out of business in the interim.

The SME sector I do know ,having spent my entire working life supporting them, viewing the sorts of balance sheets they typically have I also have a fair idea how short an interval of grace some will have before they are in really serious trouble; in a lot of cases not very long, a month, two, three, it will vary.

If you want an investment tip for No Deal Brexit, find out which quoted companies offer insolvency/restructuring services as they may well be the growth industry post No Deal Brexit.
Basically... these guys can't deliver in time, look for another supplier who can!
DJKL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Basically... these guys can't deliver in time, look for another supplier who can!
That will be part of the issue- supply chains inward plus sales outward. Even if the sales are to UK companies , nuts and bolts for the auto trade or pallets/packaging for fresh food exports, if these trades have cross border issues the problem will drop right down the UK supply chain.

I have no doubts larger companies will be better prepared, and will have deeper pockets to weather the storm, a multinational having disruption within its UK/EU based facilties will quite possibly survive, relying in the interim on its other facilities around the world, but those smaller, UK based companies ,without diversity, may have a limited time interval to adapt or die.

Of course the issues also apply to EU based companies but at least they on day one have access to alternative suppliers and customers in the EU, a much bigger market with more opportunities, UK companies, on day one, having no free trade agreements anywhere under a No Deal scenario, will be more limited re sourcing and supplying to the UK as their primary market.

No Deal is not great, unprepared No Deal is ten times worse.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Like you've avoided this one like the plague:

The trick was in getting people to fall for their fantasies. Human nature naturally opts for the land of milk and honey if offered, even if undeliverable. The latest fantasy seems to be that the govt is deliberately messing up in order to reverse the outcome. Let's see... shall we go for accolade, ovations and cries of well done you Tories or shall we deliberately opt to be labelled incompetent buffoons unable to organise a stroll in the park? Hmm... and still Brexiteers believe the latter. Unbelievable!

Fail to see how voting for him 3 times invalidates the comment that we voted for him twice... but logic never was a Brexiteer strong point.
That's because isn't a question, I have nothing to answer it's you're opinion.

The Tony Blair statement is irrelevant it never was relevant, you brought it up why God only knows why? I was nearly pointing out You're wrong as usual.

Vinny your posts are like the ramblings of a madman.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.65%
No (161)
40.35%

Watched Threads