The Student Room Group

A small band of skin just below the slit of penis

I have a small band of skin on the 'Tip' of the penis which begins just below the slit and is connected to the foreskin. When I try to retract the foreskin of my penis until I am able to see the complete 'Slit' and a little bit of the circumference of the penis tip, I am able to see this band connecting to the foreskin. I haven't retracted the foreskin even halfway through the glans. I can see this band just after retracting upto which I am able to see the complete 'slit' of the penis. Due to this I am not retracting it afterwards. Please I need advice regarding this, as I am pretty apprehensive about it.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a small band of skin on the 'Tip' of the penis which begins just below the slit and is connected to the foreskin. When I try to retract the foreskin of my penis until I am able to see the complete 'Slit' and a little bit of the circumference of the penis tip, I am able to see this band connecting to the foreskin. I haven't retracted the foreskin even halfway through the glans. I can see this band just after retracting upto which I am able to see the complete 'slit' of the penis. Due to this I am not retracting it afterwards. Please I need advice regarding this, as I am pretty apprehensive about it.

It's called a frenulum. It attaches the foreskin to the penis and it is meant to be there.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
It's called a frenulum. It attaches the foreskin to the penis and it is meant to be there.

I am 18 and I have never retracted my foreskin. So a month back, I came to know that I should be retracting it for hygiene purposes. So initially I was not able to see the slit, then after a few weeks of stretching I am able to see the slit completely and little area of my glans. I know that it is improving but at this stage I can see this band referred to as "Frenulum" which connects the foreskin and to the area that I am somehow able to expose as mentioned in the main post. So I am just worried that whether I should proceed stretching further or not, as I am not sure whether the frenulum is short or not, because in appearance it looks short or is there any exercise by which I can relax this band of flesh?
You just need to keep stretching it gently by pulling it back. You should be able to expose your whole glans. If you are not able to do it with stretching over the next few months, you might want to think about seeing your GP - they can give you a steroid cream which may help.

Quick Reply

Latest