Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Just as the title says!

I’m curious
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No idea but at my kid's school the teachers are in at 7.30am and most are still there at 4.30pm when I get home from secondary school to pick them up. The also seem to make life really hard for themselves by having different themes each year that mean everything has to be replanned to fit in with the new theme. Bonkers in my view. I reckon primary is a country mile harder than secondary and have a lot of respect for primary teachers.
jsc1985
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No two days are the same but they follow this structure.

7:30am - Get to school. Plan and print work for the morning, set up classroom resources and catch up on marking.
8:30 - Morning meeting with all staff.
8:50 - Children arrive. Teach english, maths, spelling, guided reading and also have assembly. Might have playground duty depending on the day.
12:15 - Eat lunch. Set up classroom then print and prepare resources for the afternoon lessons. With whatever time I have left I mark books and catch up on paperwork. Sometimes meet with colleagues and sometimes run a lunchtime club.
1:15 - Teach afternoon lessons which are things like science or history.
3:20 - Open door to parents. Pass on messages, supervise children going to clubs. It usually takes about 10 minutes for everyone to leave.
3:30 - This part varies from day to day. I tidy the classroom then try to make sure all books from the day are marked (5 lessons x 30 books = 150 pieces of work to check each day but not all are marked in depth). I might also have staff meetings (1-1.5 hours long), meetings with parents, meetings with other teachers, SEND paperwork, assessments and pupil progress, after school clubs, displays to put up. There's always planning and marking to do.
6pm - Go home. Probably have evening work to do.

A huge part of a primary school teacher's job is dealing with pastoral care and this can take hours of your time each week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads