Year 11 GYGWatch
Also, Chopin is my favourite composer, hence the profile picture.
Recently I did my mocks, so let's start with them:
- Maths - 8 overall, but only just. Want a 9.
- English Literature - 4. Going to push for a 7 but would take a pass (5), honestly.
- English Language - Not all papers back yet. Got near full marks on the creative writing question, though. Again, ideally a 7, etc.
- Biology - 6/7 (can't remember). Want an 8.
- Chemistry - 6 minus. Want an 8.
- Physics - 7. Want an 8.
- Religion - 6. Will push for a 7.
- Geography - 6 in first paper. Rest not back yet. Want an 8.
- Graphics - Not back yet. A 6 if possible; if I try maybe a 7.
- Computing - 5 in first paper. 7 in second. Will try for a 9.
- Music - This is a long-winded one. 9 in listening test. 30/30 & 24/30 in my two compositions. 27/30 in solo performance. Ensemble not done yet. Definitely going to get a 9.
Overall, a very mixed range of scores. The subjects I'm bad at are evident from my aspirations (that's English and Graphics). The reason for my lower scores in the Sciences, Geography, and Computing is complete lack of revision. I just couldn't be bothered. However, I didn't revise for Maths or Music either but still got an 8 and a 9 respectively.
And that's the reason why I'm starting this GYG blog. I need to do some revision and I'm hoping this will motivate me to do so.
For my A-Levels I'm going to do Music, Maths and Further Maths, and Computer Science.
About me (generally):
- Pianist. Never done a grade. Not bad but not amazing either.
- I compose my own music.
- Massive procrastinator. That's really why I'm doing this.
- That's pretty much it.
Thanks for reading, I guess...
Also, make sure that you start revising now, the earlier the better!