Hello everybody. I'm CarrotOrbitals, because I like carrots and electron orbitals (don't ask).
Also, Chopin is my favourite composer, hence the profile picture.
Recently I did my mocks, so let's start with them:
- Maths - 8 overall, but only just. Want a 9.
- English Literature - 4. Going to push for a 7 but would take a pass (5), honestly.
- English Language - Not all papers back yet. Got near full marks on the creative writing question, though. Again, ideally a 7, etc.
- Biology - 6/7 (can't remember). Want an 8.
- Chemistry - 6 minus. Want an 8.
- Physics - 7. Want an 8.
- Religion - 6. Will push for a 7.
- Geography - 6 in first paper. Rest not back yet. Want an 8.
- Graphics - Not back yet. A 6 if possible; if I try maybe a 7.
- Computing - 5 in first paper. 7 in second. Will try for a 9.
- Music - This is a long-winded one. 9 in listening test. 30/30 & 24/30 in my two compositions. 27/30 in solo performance. Ensemble not done yet. Definitely going to get a 9.
Overall, a very mixed range of scores. The subjects I'm bad at are evident from my aspirations (that's English
). The reason for my lower scores in the Sciences
, and Computing
is complete lack of revision. I just couldn't be bothered. However, I didn't revise for Maths
either but still got an 8 and a 9 respectively.
And that's the reason why I'm starting this GYG blog. I need to do some revision and I'm hoping this will motivate me to do so.
For my A-Levels
I'm going to do Music
and Further Maths
, and Computer Science
About me (generally):
- Pianist. Never done a grade. Not bad but not amazing either.
- I compose my own music.
- Massive procrastinator. That's really why I'm doing this.
- That's pretty much it.
Thanks for reading, I guess...