Helix piercing (top ear) Watch

BeccaBooBear
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi so I’ve always wanted a helix piercing , I’ve finally built up the courage to get one on Sunday I have some questions.. Does it hurt? Is it at a high risk of getting infected? Do you get a stud or ring? Does it bleed? How long does it take to heal?😅😇
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BeccaBooBear)
Hi so I’ve always wanted a helix piercing , I’ve finally built up the courage to get one on Sunday I have some questions.. Does it hurt? Is it at a high risk of getting infected? Do you get a stud or ring? Does it bleed? How long does it take to heal?😅😇
Good on you. I have a double forward helix in one ear, pain was more from the jewellery being inserted than the actually piercing part maybe a 6 out of 10 but depends on your pain threshold. But I definitely would say it wasn't painless as they are going through cartilage. Yes, because that area of the ear doesn't get as high a blood supply as say the lobe so it's really important to keep it clean and not knock it etc. I got rings but have since learned that was a mistake (the piercer didn't have any studs in stock) but rings are more likely to move around more which will irritate the piercing more and make it more likely to get the bump, once they were healed I replaced them with studs (but it may be different for the helix if you get a small enough ring like a cuff it may not move around like the forward helix). Not when it was pierced but one day I knocked on really hard and it bleed. Usually 12 months.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 day ago
Pain is based on person to person. Personally I didn't think it was too bad and it was a short and sharp pain. Definitely pierce with a stud as helix is prone to infection and the more it moves (like with a ring) the more likely it will get infected. They barely bleed and healing also varies from person to person. To fully heal it can range from 6 months to 12+ months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (35)
12.5%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.43%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.21%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.21%
No (195)
69.64%

Watched Threads