The Student Room Group

Discriminated when looking for a room

So I’ve been searching for a room on Spare Room and I contacted an advertiser on the app and he provided his number. So I text him and then he responded saying that the room has been taken, however two hours prior the room was free.

My friend try contacting this guy on the app and he’s saying that room is free. At this point I realise I was rejected because I’m not Asian which to be completely fair I wasn’t trill about the idea of moving to an area that was integrated and unfortunately East London always gave me the vibe of mini Pakistan.

The only reason why I was considering that area is because I have a budget and I’m in debt (because of what someone/family member did to me). I’m just a bit disappointed that people can be so sallow (but then again it’s my first encounter of discrimination).

I will continue to look elsewhere but I all I can say is wow I’m surprised.
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve been searching for a room on Spare Room and I contacted an advertiser on the app and he provided his number. So I text him and then he responded saying that the room has been taken, however two hours prior the room was free.

My friend try contacting this guy on the app and he’s saying that room is free. At this point I realise I was rejected because I’m not Asian which to be completely fair I wasn’t trill about the idea of moving to an area that was integrated and unfortunately East London always gave me the vibe of mini Pakistan.

The only reason why I was considering that area is because I have a budget and I’m in debt (because of what someone/family member did to me). I’m just a bit disappointed that people can be so sallow (but then again it’s my first encounter of discrimination).

You wouldnt want to live with a LL or soemone like that. London has thousands of rooms being filled and becoming available all the time. I always found it the worst aspect, time consuming and draining. get a friend to help if you cna but otherwise be determined and keep looking. They did you a favour.

Oh no, a white person feeling discriminated against... How awful!
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
You wouldnt want to live with a LL or soemone like that. London has thousands of rooms being filled and becoming available all the time. I always found it the worst aspect, time consuming and draining. get a friend to help if you cna but otherwise be determined and keep looking. They did you a favour.

I know right. I’ve moved on so I’m looking for other places.

Yeah it is awful, discrimination is not right. Try not to be so condescending. How do you expect white people to listen to your problems, if you just snort at theirs?
Reply 5

**** off.
Original post by randomsheep11
Yeah it is awful, discrimination is not right. Try not to be so condescending. How do you expect white people to listen to your problems, if you just snort at theirs?

Exactly
Reply 6

Ignore the troll, he/she is just looking for attention.

Racism works 2 ways- you're the reason for most of the messes the world is currently in.
Reply 8
haha imagine! please delete this...
Racism works 2 ways- you're the reason for most of the messes the world is currently in.

Not quite sure what you are accusing me of

What makes you think I'm not white?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending