The Student Room Group

Is that normal that I haven’t receive any offer till now ?

Hey Guys, I’m an international student from mainland and I sent off my UCAS application on Jan. 15. During this period I emailed University of Manchester see if I can change a major. They said no and rejected me the next day. And I haven’t receive any offer till now. Is that normal for you or your friends? I feel so nervous about facing extra or clearing. Can anyone help me, please?
(edited 5 years ago)
Very normal.
Some unis like to take their time, others do offers immediatly
Reply 2
Original post by AzureCeleste
Very normal.
Some unis like to take their time, others do offers immediatly

Thank you!
Original post by Suzy Xu
Hey guys, I’m a international student from mainland and I sent off my UCAS application on Jan. 15. During this period I emailed University of Manchester see if I can change a major. They said no and rejected me the next day. And I haven’t receive any offer till now. Is that normal for you or your friends? I feel so nervous about facing extra or clearing. Can anyone help me, please?

Hi Suzy, how very blunt of Manchester. There is still plenty of time to receive offers from other Unis (and even if you don't, Extra and Clearing aren't too bad, we can help :smile:)
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
Hi Suzy, how very blunt of Manchester. There is still plenty of time to receive offers from other Unis (and even if you don't, Extra and Clearing aren't too bad, we can help :smile:)

Thanks for your help!
Reply 5
Original post by Suzy Xu
Hey guys, I’m a international student from mainland and I sent off my UCAS application on Jan. 15. During this period I emailed University of Manchester see if I can change a major. They said no and rejected me the next day. And I haven’t receive any offer till now. Is that normal for you or your friends? I feel so nervous about facing extra or clearing. Can anyone help me, please?

Where have you applied to and with what predicted grades?🙂
Reply 6
Original post by Iasonas
Where have you applied to and with what predicted grades?🙂

Durham, Leeds, Edinburgh, Warwick and Manchester, all for A&F major. And I’m not an A-level student, I study in a University in China before and now I try to transfer my credits to British Universities : )
Reply 7
Original post by Suzy Xu
Durham, Leeds, Edinburgh, Warwick and Manchester, all for A&F major. And I’m not an A-level student, I study in a University in China before and now I try to transfer my credits to British Universities : )

Oh that’s cool! I’ve always wanted to go to China, I think I’ll go for my year abroad there: ). I wouldn’t worry about not hearing back yet, I’ve applied for Warwick too in early November and I’m still waiting. LSE gave me an offer on Monday after three months!
Reply 8
Original post by Iasonas
Oh that’s cool! I’ve always wanted to go to China, I think I’ll go for my year abroad there: ). I wouldn’t worry about not hearing back yet, I’ve applied for Warwick too in early November and I’m still waiting. LSE gave me an offer on Monday after three months!

Wow congratulations!! LSE is like my dream school but I can’t meet the language requirements(ILETS:redface:verall 7, no less than 7), which is too difficult to get. So I guess you must be really outstanding! Btw China is a good place to visit I’m sure you will like it😆
Reply 9
Original post by Suzy Xu
Wow congratulations!! LSE is like my dream school but I can’t meet the language requirements(ILETS:redface:verall 7, no less than 7), which is too difficult to get. So I guess you must be really outstanding! Btw China is a good place to visit I’m sure you will like it😆

Thanks so much! I only just met the entry requirements (with achieved grades) but yeah I put in a lot of effort with my personal statement. Yes hopefully I’ll go next year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending