The Student Room Group

Changing to completely different course through clearing

I have applied through UCAS this year for 2019 entry however it isn't looking likely that i'll get any offers from my first 5 applications.

If I end up going through clearing is it possible to completely change what courses I am applying for and still be in with a change of a place?
I am asking as my personal statement is very much focused on my original course choice.
Thanks
Yes that’s possible. Before clearing though if you have 5 rejections then you can use ucas extra to apply for another course.

If you apply for a different course then you’ll need to prepare a new PS that you can offer to send to universities.
Original post by lucykilga
I have applied through UCAS this year for 2019 entry however it isn't looking likely that i'll get any offers from my first 5 applications.

If I end up going through clearing is it possible to completely change what courses I am applying for and still be in with a change of a place?
I am asking as my personal statement is very much focused on my original course choice.
Thanks

That's definitely possible - as an example, I've seen people apply for subjects like English or History and get offers for Law in Clearing. The Clearing Unis do not ask to see a Personal Statement for most subjects, all they seem to care about is whether or not your A level grades match the minimum requirements of the courses they are trying to fill. What course are you now considering?
Reply 3
It's all good guys, I got an offer so no clearing/extra for me! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending