George Stinney

Watch
ItsTomii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
That was his one life and they took it away just like that. His one life.

This world is so cruel. Wish I hadn’t gone researching into these sort of deep topics late at night. But I think George’s story is a good reason why the death penalty shouldn’t exist. Any thoughts?
Mr.Spock
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Completely agree with you about how horrific and saddening this case is. I don't think it holds up as a very good argument against the current death penalty as I very much doubt that would be the sentence given to a 14 year old today, and even if they did he would be held for so long going through different appeals that the nations inevitable uproar would turn over his sentence.
Having said all that I'm still very much against the death penalty.
ItsTomii
Rep:
?
Yet today people are still wrongly sentenced to death only to later be “discovered” as innocent.
ItsTomii
Rep:
?
Yet today people are still wrongly sentenced to death only to later be “discovered” as innocent.
Mr.Spock
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I completely agree, that's one of the reasons I think the death penalty is wrong.
All I'm saying is I just don't know if this case is the best one to use to put forward that argument because I think people's perception is something with so little evidence wouldn't end up with someone being sentenced to death nowadays. I think there are more recent cases that would better argue that case.
Last edited by Mr.Spock; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (256)
56.89%
I don't have everything I need (194)
43.11%

Watched Threads