Feel like nobody will ever want me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The title says it, really: I feel like nobody will ever want to be with me - not in a serious relationship sense. I'm 24, female, and have had a string of flings or short-term dating since I was 17. In that time I have been absolutely heartbroken twice and rejected by two guys I was completely crazy over. Feel like people will only ever want me for either friendship or sex, or both, but never a serious relationship. Sometimes I don't feel good enough. . It really, really hurts and I don't know who to talk to about it.
t0m0king
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
does this club have t-shirts? cause it probably has alot of members
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you were a business, and you had a very high staff turnover, you'd you look at your recruitment and retention policies.

Are you getting the right people for the right jobs? Horses for courses.

And are you rewarding them properly?

How about your management style? Does that need looking at?

In the case of a small business, it could be down to a small sample size and bad luck. Or more likely a combination of bad luck and policies that could be improved.

Use the same principles to your romantic life.
username4355882
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
If you were a business, and you had a very high staff turnover, you'd you look at your recruitment and retention policies.

Are you getting the right people for the right jobs? Horses for courses.

And are you rewarding them properly?

How about your management style? Does that need looking at?

In the case of a small business, it could be down to a small sample size and bad luck. Or more likely a combination of bad luck and policies that could be improved.

Use the same principles to your romantic life.
There is something wrong with this analogy but I can’t exactly pinpoint what because what you said is quite on point. 🤔
cassiezie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try not dating for a while and focusing on yourself more. Me, two of my cousins, and my best friend all found love each with great boyfriends when we were least expecting it! Be confident in yourself, and try not to worry too much about being single. Honestly, the last thing I thought I’d have was a boyfriend going into university, but the best relationships kind of sneak up on you. Please don’t go actively searching for guy after guy after guy – it’ll tire you out and possibly hurt your self-esteem even more! Someone WILL love you. I can’t tell you who or when, but you’re young, so just focus on building YOU up: treat yourself to a spa day or a fun night out with friends, find one thing to love about yourself in the mirror every morning, put on a nice outfit and rock the day! Guys will ultimately be attracted to your confidence, and all-in-all, you’ll ALSO be attracted to yourself! Love the young, fun woman you are – not the tied-down, dependant older woman you want to be. Enjoy your 20s! Be free! Love yourself first and foremost! Who cares about relationships, or worrying that you’ll never “find the one”?
Last edited by cassiezie; 1 year ago
Hmmmmmmm?
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The title says it, really: I feel like nobody will ever want to be with me - not in a serious relationship sense. I'm 24, female, and have had a string of flings or short-term dating since I was 17. In that time I have been absolutely heartbroken twice and rejected by two guys I was completely crazy over. Feel like people will only ever want me for either friendship or sex, or both, but never a serious relationship. Sometimes I don't feel good enough. . It really, really hurts and I don't know who to talk to about it.
Some perminent relationships don't actually begin until you turn about 30. And I know, waiting that long for something that you feel you are missing in your life sounds painful, but there will most likely be a lot of your life to live beyond this point. But, as others will probably tell you, try to live your life and do some of the things you enjoy. I'm sure that you'll find someone on your way through life.
I wish you the best of luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (111)
59.68%
No (40)
21.51%
Not sure (35)
18.82%

Watched Threads