I went through clearing, ask me anything Watch

Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anotheranon)
I go to a russel Group university, one which certainly doesn't have trouble putting 'bums on seats' as you call it. I worked hard to get where I am.
They do. Hence the use of Clearing.

The consideration that goes into Clearing students is virtually non-existent. Do you meet the min grades? Yes, come on over.

I am not saying this to **** on you, but people shouldn't be put off applying to these unis because they feel like they don't have the flair people like you, seem to think, you have. Apply if you meet min grades.
Last edited by Notoriety; 1 week ago
Anotheranon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)

The consideration that goes into Clearing students is virtually non-existent. Do you meet the min grades? Yes, come on over.

I am not saying this to **** on you, but people shouldn't be put off applying to these unis because they feel like they don't have the flair people like you, seem to think, you have. Apply if you meet min grades.
I'm sorry, why do you feel the need to go online and be disrespectful to people? You don't know me and you certainly don't know what I did to get into my university. I'm not saying getting in is about 'flare'. I'm saying it's about being respectful and presenting your best self when you make these calls. I created this thread so that people who may have to go through the clearing process have an idea about what it's like. Sometimes the people on the phones will just instantly let you in, but in my case I had to talk to the English department.
barror1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What did you get at A-level?
nintysixthousand
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what grades did you get?
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)

I have to agree that this has also been my experience of Clearing - that all the unis care about is whether the applicants meet the minimum grades, but obviously the OP had a different experience (maybe because it was English at York, which I'm quite surprised was even in Clearing).

My question to the OP is whether York was one of your original UCAS choices, and if not, how did you choose it out of all the other Clearing options?
NoahMal
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I second this I got in through clearing currently doing maths at Sussex AMA
Anotheranon
Rep:
?
(Original post by barror1)
What did you get at A-level?
English Literature, History and Philosophy
barror1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anotheranon)
English Literature, History and Philosophy
Yeah but what grades? Literature at York is typically AAA so it is odd they offered you a place through clearing
Anotheranon
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
I have to agree that this has also been my experience of Clearing - that all the unis care about is whether the applicants meet the minimum grades, but obviously the OP had a different experience (maybe because it was English at York, which I'm quite surprised was even in Clearing).

My question to the OP is whether York was one of your original UCAS choices, and if not, how did you choose it out of all the other Clearing options?
Hey that's cool, everybody has a different experience of clearing. York was not one of my original UCAS choices. I don't know why, it seems insane to me now that I didn't put it down lol
JB116
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which Universities did you contact to try and get into through clearing? and what were your original firm and insurance choices?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.41%
Yes - a food allergy (33)
11.38%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.1%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.1%
No (203)
70%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed