The Student Room Group

I went through clearing, ask me anything

So I didn't make it into my firm or insurance choice. It was a huge shock at the time because I'd worked insanely hard for two years, but hey, life's not fair sometimes. Sometimes you just don't get the things you deserve. I love my current uni.

Scroll to see replies

What uni do you go to?
I go to the beautiful university of York. would 100% recommend it's amazing here
Reply 3
Do clearing offers tend to be lower than what it says on the website?
Clearing offers tend to be a great deal lower, but only if you show them that you really want a place. The uni professors will know just from talking to people who deserves a place, they deal with hundreds of students every day so they can tell people who haven't worked hard from those who have just had a bad exam
A bit of advise for people going through clearing- remain calm and ask to speak to the departments. Be prepared to prove how much you love your subject, but also be prepared to be rejected a lot. Let them know what went wrong on the exam and be polite even if they say no. It's all about being respectful and showing ur passion
Did you have to call a lot of uni's before one gave you a place?
Original post by Anotheranon
I go to the beautiful university of York. would 100% recommend it's amazing here

Awe I like it! It looks really nice, happy you found your place!
So, the first two i called accepted me. One I couldn't even get through to because the line was so busy. Then another rejected me, then I called up my original uni begging to just talk to the professors of my subject but they refused (fair enough). It was so so hard, probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do but I'm happy now

Original post by inputusername
Did you have to call a lot of uni's before one gave you a place?
(Original post by angelstoflyyx)Awe I like it! It looks really nice, happy you found your place!

aww thank you, I'm very happy now
Original post by angelstoflyyx
Awe I like it! It looks really nice, happy you found your place!
Thanks everyone for your comments, I'm gunna do a clearing survival guide on here soon to keep a look out
(Original post by Anotheranon)So, the first two i called accepted me. One I couldn't even get through to because the line was so busy. Then another rejected me, then I called up my original uni begging to just talk to the professors of my subject but they refused (fair enough). It was so so hard, probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do but I'm happy now

Well I'm glad it all worked out!
Original post by inputusername
(Original post by Anotheranon)So, the first two i called accepted me. One I couldn't even get through to because the line was so busy. Then another rejected me, then I called up my original uni begging to just talk to the professors of my subject but they refused (fair enough). It was so so hard, probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do but I'm happy now

Well I'm glad it all worked out!

thanks, I hope your results day goes well x
bump
what degree
Original post by tesconyc
what degree

I study english Literature- I'd totally recolmmend it as a degree, it's super interesting.
I study english Literature- I'd totally recolmmend it as a degree, it's super interesting.

I hate English with a passion. STEM for the win

what do you study?
Clearing offers tend to be a great deal lower, but only if you show them that you really want a place. The uni professors will know just from talking to people who deserves a place, they deal with hundreds of students every day so they can tell people who haven't worked hard from those who have just had a bad exam

No, they don't. They simply want to be paid after the first month of term and need bums on seats for that.
Original post by Notoriety
No, they don't. They simply want to be paid after the first month of term and need bums on seats for that.

I go to a russel Group university, one which certainly doesn't have trouble putting 'bums on seats' as you call it. I worked hard to get where I am.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending