The Student Room Group

CIE AS and A-level may/june 2019 discussion thread (and more..)

Scroll to see replies

yes
Original post by Aleema Imran
so basically only leptons and quarks are fundamental nothing else is......Ahhh this temporary world
A hadron has a charge of +e where e is the elementary charge. The hadron is composed of
only two quarks. One of these quarks is an antidown ( d ) quark. By considering charge, state
and explain the name (flavour) of the other quark.

can somebody plz help with this. i ve got no idea what is the flavor of a quark. secondly, is an antidown quark the same as an up quark?

Flavour of a Quark is basically the type of Quark. Antidown-Quark is opposite to Down Quark in terms of Signs but equal in Magnitude. So we need +2/3e, 1e-1/3e, and this is provided by a Up Quark. Meaning Up Quark(+2/3e) + AntiDown Quark (+1/3e) = 1e.
yes but when we compress it the length changes......i think i know which question they re asking bcse i recently did a similar question or maybe same where we had to draw a graph of i guess length against mass im not sure.plz confirm @sararasool995
(Original post by Aleema Imran)
compression is compressing force, not max change in length. is the graph for compression against load? and u sure its curve before hooke law? doesnt sound right @sararasool995
Reply 1783
Original post by cj104
Hi guys, I'm solving an exercise to find the percentage uncertainty in P5 using ΔP/P=ΔR/R + ΔΥ/Y and i wanted to ask whether we include the (negative) signs of the values (in this case R and Y).

Can i see the question please?
Hey guys for physics p5
If say like my calculated values are
1.321+-0.03
2.296+-0.07
3.189+-0.11
3.845+-0.15
Do I have to like make my last 2 values of uncertainty into 1sf or increase the 1st 2 values to 2sf or not change anything?
Anyone has the march 19 9709 p3 paper?
Hi guys, urgent !! pls help me idk how to answer 5 b)

https://papers.gceguide.xyz/A%20Levels/Physics%20(9702)/9702_w18_qp_22.pdf
For paper 5 of physics, question 2, let's say gradient is 23.77823. In the question paper I will round the gradient to 23.8. Suppose I have to find 2.3 x gradient, should I use 2.3 x 23.77823 or 2.3 x 23.8?

Spoiler

Reply 1788
Original post by esrever
For paper 5 of physics, question 2, let's say gradient is 23.77823. In the question paper I will round the gradient to 23.8. Suppose I have to find 2.3 x gradient, should I use 2.3 x 23.77823 or 2.3 x 23.8?

Spoiler

No dont use the rounded off values. Use 23.77823
Reply 1789
Original post by Samuel Ding
Hey guys for physics p5
If say like my calculated values are
1.321+-0.03
2.296+-0.07
3.189+-0.11
3.845+-0.15
Do I have to like make my last 2 values of uncertainty into 1sf or increase the 1st 2 values to 2sf or not change anything?

Errors are rounded to 1 sf
So basically u (up quark) has a charge of + 2/3 while a d (down quark) has a charge of -1/3. Now an anti u would have a charge of -2/3 and anti d would have charge of + 1/3. Simple right? Thats the basics you should know. So they have given that one of the quarks has an antidown quark therefore it has a charge of +1/3. They have also give that the hadron has a total charge of e. To find the other quark just subtract e - 1/3e which would give you 2/3e. Therefore the other charge is +2/3e and thus it must be a up quark. By flavour they just mean nature, odd way to describe a charge haha. AND NO AN ANTIDOWN QUARK IS NOT THE SAME AS AN UPQUARK
A hadron has a charge of +e where e is the elementary charge. The hadron is composed of
only two quarks. One of these quarks is an antidown ( d ) quark. By considering charge, state
and explain the name (flavour) of the other quark.

can somebody plz help with this. i ve got no idea what is the flavor of a quark. secondly, is an antidown quark the same as an up quark?
Anyone doing 9702/22 or 9702/52?
Original post by Aightbett
Anyone doing 9702/22 or 9702/52?

Yes, I’m doing both.
And to make matters worse, here comes my timely insomnia attack...
I do
Original post by Anagh
Anyone has the march 19 9709 p3 paper?
Can i get physics p5 march 19 papers?
It's okay. You'll get through it well and fine. Just have hope!
Best of luck.

Original post by xxadxx_12
I don't have it.
Honestly, not really sure I'm completely struggling with lit.
Original post by Omar56789
Can i get physics p5 march 19 papers?

Pm me ur email address
Guys for physics paper 5 for the first question, can we draw our diagrams in pencil or does it have to be pen?
Well on the instructions they do say use pencil for diagrams or graphs so definitely pencil
Original post by ebrahimsura
Guys for physics paper 5 for the first question, can we draw our diagrams in pencil or does it have to be pen?
Anyone nervous 3 more hours to go for physics p5 ....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending