what the heck Watch

bumgrandma
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i flopped my mock exams and i dont know what to do in order to improve my grades, i've done what many have recommended like re-writing your notes but of course only the "important" notes, using flashcards to test yourself, of course it worked I rembered most stuff and I had done this revision technique specifically for biology but as soon as I get into the exam, nothing I revised for came up, mind you our teacher gave us the topic list for paper 1 and paper 2, I had revised most of topic 1 and already knew paper 2 by memory anyways, NOTHING came up from both paper 1 and paper 2, the only thing was evolution, charles darwins theory.

I thought to myself that maybe I'm revising my science subjects as if they're english, history or pyscology and that the proper way to revise these subjects would be to do what my mum recommended which was to do past papers and teach myself each question but i dont want to do it and to fail again
bumgrandma
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
and whats even more confusing is whether I should revise for these or not, my dad keeps bothering my mom about my grades but we're leaving him and moving to canada somewhere after my gcses and a lot of people have been telling me I'd have to do a canadian exam anyways so my gcses are pointless, ??/ im so confuseD?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%