A level Biology inheritance question help? Watch

Loreto2018
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys can anybody please help me with this inheritance question im stuck on. The question reads:"In breeding experiments, moths whose wings were black with small white marks near the wing tips were crossed with moths whose wings were grey and had no white marks near the wing tips. The offspring all had black wings with no white markings, assuming the genes for wing colour and wing markings are carried on separate chromosomes, choose appropriate symbols and construct a genetic diagram to explain the outcome of this cross"

I then have to pick letters for alleles for wing markings, no wing markings, and black wings and red wings, then state parental phenotypes, genotypes and gametes. Along with F1 gametes. Any help would be appreciated, im so confused thanks.
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.47%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.65%
No, but I want to start (189)
35.8%
No, I am unable to (123)
23.3%
No, I chose not to (152)
28.79%