violarun
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello!

We've been told we need to start thinking about our choice of texts for our coursework - we have to do one poem and one novel. I've chosen The Bell Jar (themes include mental illness, women in 1960s, identity) as my novel, however really need a poem that I can compare this to! Any authors or specific texts would be much appreciated!

Thanks x
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by violarun)
Hello!

We've been told we need to start thinking about our choice of texts for our coursework - we have to do one poem and one novel. I've chosen The Bell Jar (themes include mental illness, women in 1960s, identity) as my novel, however really need a poem that I can compare this to! Any authors or specific texts would be much appreciated!

Thanks x
If you're thinking about women and identity then Carol Anne Duffy is a go-to. Also, have a look at the thread by Fox Corner featuring a nice list of texts to compare for coursework pieces.
violarun
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
If you're thinking about women and identity then Carol Anne Duffy is a go-to. Also, have a look at the thread by Fox Corner featuring a nice list of texts to compare for coursework pieces.
Thank you so much!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by violarun)
Thank you so much!
Here's the thread I was referring to at the time
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4214408
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For the 1960s, a great poet is Philip Larkin, who had some; let’s just say controversial views about women which are manifest in poems such as ‘Sunny Prestatyn.’

I did Larkin for my A Level Lit Coursework in comparison to Pat Barker’s novel ‘Union Street’ so any questions I’m happy to answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (929)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (96)
4.41%

Watched Threads