Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Whether you need it or not...
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Daily. I don't want to smell. Why wouldn't you wash daily?
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
some people shower two or three times a day?! That's really bad, you're washing away good bacteria
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
Twice a day and wash my hair everyday in the evening...
blacksheep8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm a female, I used to shower/ wash my hair every other day, don't do that anymore. I wash my hair quite rarely (maybe once a week, maybe sooner/ later depending on mood, time, hair itself) and it's improved the quality of my hair. It's silky, healthy, long, and thick. Washing your hair too much strips your scalp of its natural oils causing reproduction of oils faster so you get greasier, oilier hair quicker (like I'm talking next day). When I stopped washing my hair too much my hair actually changed (not sure whether this was due to ageing, or due to less frequent washing) but my hair went from frizzy-wavy to silky curls. It's true sometimes I have greasy hair doing it this way but my hair is now in top condition so I'm sticking to this method.

As for showering, I shower/ wash more frequently than washing my hair, but I have noticed that showering more often irritates my skin and causes dryness and flakiness so I don't think it's particularly healthy for your skin, even if moisturising exists.
hannxm
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just curious
I shower every day and I wash my hair every other day.
OkDan_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I shower every two days.
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Twice a day I shower. Wash my hair once a week due to my hair type.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LA97)
That is not clean. Really should shower every day, especially if you're a man
Incorrect. Showering daily can wash away the skin's protective bacteria, as well as natural oils which can lead to dryness and accelerated aging. It's not at all necessary to shower daily unless you're sweating daily and you'd fail a sniff-test, even then a quick go-over with a flannel in key areas will do the trick. Showering every other day for most people is plenty, and the thought that you're protecting yourself from germs by showering daily is wrong and you could very well be doing the exact opposite - not unless on some days you shower without using any cleansing products.
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Shower 3-4 times a week.

Wash hair (w/ shampoo) twice a week

Wash hair (w/ water) everyday - imo my hair looks better somewhat greasy (about a 5min task every morning, but hair looks good at the end because I slick it).
Anonymous #6
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just curious
i wash my hair and shower once a week saturdays
Other than that. i dont shower, or perhaps one in between the week on Wednesdays, or after gym if necessary
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Never
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
11.9%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.05%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.12%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.55%
No (252)
71.39%

Watched Threads