How to lose weight Watch

katherine340
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am 16 years old and i weight about 112kg(246 pounds) and height 173cm(5'8). i have tried evetything for the past 2 years from starving myself to working out every day and i can't drop more than 5 kilos.I really really want to become at least 80kg but my motivation decreases as nothing works for me. I am concerned about my health and my physical appearance. Someone give me any tips on losing weight, food and workout balance and also motivation wil be really helpful!
baeoftae
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think its better to go to a doctor and get a diet suitable for your body type, coz some diets may work for some ppl and for others it wont.
Apachecow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ultimately you need to eat less and do more. You need to consume fewer calories than your body needs an you will lose weight, gradually. It's mainly driven by diet rather than excersise. Eat less and don't ever snack. Beware hidden calories in things like fizzy drinks an alcohol
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Please don't starve yourself! It never works. People who starve themselves eventually lose control and binge after a few days because they've 'earned it'. Work out a healthy diet and don't cheat on it. Try to get a calorie deficit of 1400 calories a week (that means you can eat 1400 calories a day). exercise twice a week, walk rather than take the bus once a week to school and don't skip meals. Good luck and please be careful. I guarantee starving yourself always fails. A healthy diet may be a slow way to lose weight but it works.
sammyj97
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1. Smaller meals but more often
2. Join a gym and stick to it, no matter how hard/boring it gets
3. Substitute lifts/cars for walking/stairs
4. Eat healthy
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Decide on a structured and healthy diet and things will slowly begin to fall into place. If you ensure that you eat healthy and filling meals three times a day, with healthy snacks such as small amount of nuts or a glass of pure orange juice interspersed, you will begin to see changes. Aim to exercise around 3 times a week; dont begin by creating unrealistic goals for yourself because all that will result in is you breaking your diet. If you dislike exercising in front of others, plenty of follow-along workout videos are available for free on youtube. Finally, if you are struggling to motivate yourself, try to remember that the benefits by far outweigh the struggle. Try to think of how much healthier and happier you will feel!
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ok here is something that will work and that it doesn't sound like you have yet tried, forgot about starving yourself and forget about trying to diet, let me introduce you to something that is sustainable it's called lifestyle changes - this is about finding a good relationship with food and exercise that you can sustain indefinately.
To start with let's talk about food - from your username I am going to guess that you are female and as such shouldn't be exceeding 2,000 calories /day (roughly). So how to do that eat breakfast ( very important) make it something healthy and keep it to wihtin 500 calories, eat lunch again something healthy and aim for no more than 500 calories and the same with your evening meal. This will give you a spare 500 calories to spend on snacks/drinks (avoid alcohol - only have 1 glass of it a week and sip it if you must have it at all). Try to replace any sugary drinks (like soda/pop juice etc) with plain water.
Make small changes gradually for example switch 1 unhealhty drinnk like pop/soda for 1 bottle of water - each day and let your body get used to it before making another change.

Make your snacks a piece of fruit or a handful of nuts, try to eat at roughly the same times daily so that your body gets used to when to expect food (you would be surprised how much this can help you to control your weight).Try to swtich any meats you eat to turkey/chicken/fish and avoid eating anything that is fried - it's ok to have something fried once or twice a week but anything more than that is excessive.Try to inlucde fruits.nuts,seeds and vegetables in each of your meals.
As an example for breakfast a bowl of porridge with added chia seeds, sesame seeds, chopped almonds and coconut chunks. avoid adding too much salt and sugar into your meals.
If you eat breakfast with lots of sugar or syrup or alternatives on it try to gradually put a little less on over the weeks until you can cut it out entirely.If you love chocolate (as I do) instead of eating a full bar in 1 go break it up into squares and have 1 or 2 squares a time - try to eat them slowly, nibble at them and really enjoy them.

When it comes to exercise try to do a mix of cardio and resistance training, (either using weights or your own body weight) twice a week start off with a small 5 minute routine and work it up adding in a little more each week. On days that you aren't working out go for a walk again start off with about 15minutes walking and increase it over time.(don;'t need to do this more than twice a week either but it won't harm you to do it more).

Good luck in finding a sustainable balance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads