New GCSEs vs mental health Watch

student4849
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m a year 11 student I have done my first set of mocks and did alright but definitly not what I was expecting. I have always struggled with mental health and thought I had a hold of it for this year but now I have diagnosed and am on loads of medication as my anxiety is out of control now. My school keep pressuring me due to me it being able to attend school and how my grades are going down. I have my second set of mocks in 2 weeks and these are the mocks I send to the college I really want to go to. I have been advised anencephaly told by the health professionals not do do any school work what’s so ever, but I really want to revise and am feeling more stressed as I know I don’t have that long until my real GCSEs and I want to do well. Does any one have any advice or is in the same position as me? Really need some advice.
AestheticEnergy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by student4849)
I’m a year 11 student I have done my first set of mocks and did alright but definitly not what I was expecting. I have always struggled with mental health and thought I had a hold of it for this year but now I have diagnosed and am on loads of medication as my anxiety is out of control now. My school keep pressuring me due to me it being able to attend school and how my grades are going down. I have my second set of mocks in 2 weeks and these are the mocks I send to the college I really want to go to. I have been advised anencephaly told by the health professionals not do do any school work what’s so ever, but I really want to revise and am feeling more stressed as I know I don’t have that long until my real GCSEs and I want to do well. Does any one have any advice or is in the same position as me? Really need some advice.
Hi! You're situation seems terrifying and stressful :eek: but this is a matter of your current health vs your academic future. It really depends which one you're willing to care for. But I'm gonna try and break down a few tips and advice :

• Firstly, mental health is extremely important and often not spoken about. If you really want to revise, start now and start slowly. One or two subjects a day. Don't push yourself, otherwise you'll get stressed, and its okay to take breaks. To help pinpoint what topics you specifically want to study, write down a short to-do list- it helps.
  • Also, to assist with your mental wellbeing, download this app called 'Youper' if you haven't already. I use it to track my anxiety/depression and it's like having a really helpful friend with you all the time.
  • Let your teachers know what your doctor told you, so that they can fit something around your timetable to help with revision.
  • Meditate every morning and night (Or pray, if you're religious) it's important to have a calm conscious every now and then.
  • Go easy on yourself and if you feel strong, do a bit more revision. Just don't go too long without any studying.
  • Finally, be proud of yourself- You're fighting a legendary battle in your head, and with your GCSEs: that is definitely something to be proud of, whatever the result is in August.
x.emilye
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AestheticEnergy)
Hi! You're situation seems terrifying and stressful :eek: but this is a matter of your current health vs your academic future. It really depends which one you're willing to care for. But I'm gonna try and break down a few tips and advice :

• Firstly, mental health is extremely important and often not spoken about. If you really want to revise, start now and start slowly. One or two subjects a day. Don't push yourself, otherwise you'll get stressed, and its okay to take breaks. To help pinpoint what topics you specifically want to study, write down a short to-do list- it helps.
  • Also, to assist with your mental wellbeing, download this app called 'Youper' if you haven't already. I use it to track my anxiety/depression and it's like having a really helpful friend with you all the time.
  • Let your teachers know what your doctor told you, so that they can fit something around your timetable to help with revision.
  • Meditate every morning and night (Or pray, if you're religious) it's important to have a calm conscious every now and then.
  • Go easy on yourself and if you feel strong, do a bit more revision. Just don't go too long without any studying.
  • Finally, be proud of yourself- You're fighting a legendary battle in your head, and with your GCSEs: that is definitely something to be proud of, whatever the result is in August.
I think this is great advice - mental health is vital and should be a priority for everyone. A healthy mind helps you to do more effective revision in my view. I think it also helps to talk to someone you trust about it instead of keeping your emotions inside
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.59%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.19%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.15%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.15%
No (200)
69.93%

Watched Threads