Protests Watch

pe-goose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Has anyone been watching the French protests and live EU protests? Today's were quite bad Alot of damage done. However as always the French protest or other EU nations protests are not mentioned on the news.
I wonder if it's because because people are like sheep if they showed the protests they will join in. We've had them in UK...but there mentioned or if mentioned very discretely...
Don't you think the news should mention the protests...I understand our left wing news is super biased but it's ridiculous
I mean someone lost their hand today.
The French are using private guards and EU police and the police are so violent...why's it not on the news ??
CrazyConnor
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What are you on about? I've seen plenty of news articles about the Gilets Jaunes.
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's been one of the most covered international news stories over the last couple of months.
pe-goose
Rep:
?
(Original post by Violet Femme)
It's been one of the most covered international news stories over the last couple of months.
Only people I've seen cover are RT. Friends and family in America haven't heard of it. Friends and family in New Zealand and Australia havnt heard of it either. It's not on European news either.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pe-goose)
Has anyone been watching the French protests and live EU protests? Today's were quite bad Alot of damage done. However as always the French protest or other EU nations protests are not mentioned on the news.
I wonder if it's because because people are like sheep if they showed the protests they will join in. We've had them in UK...but there mentioned or if mentioned very discretely...
Don't you think the news should mention the protests...I understand our left wing news is super biased but it's ridiculous
The French are using private guards and EU police and the police are so violent...why's it not on the news ??
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47185279
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-gilets-jaunes
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rritz-placate/
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ekend-row.html

(Warning some of those stories involve graphic images/video)

All on the front page of their respective news sites, today.

Interesting how you only know that "someone lost their hand today" BECAUSE IT WAS REPORTED BY THE MEDIA.
Gossamer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No in Spain nothing about this french protest but in my country it's normal this because the politicians don't want incite us to protest. Two weeks ago we had a protest by the cabbies and VTC and there was much manipulation of news. So can be the similar reason of the england media.

EDIT: In Spain news: A men lost a hand in a protest of yellow vests.
Last edited by Gossamer; 1 week ago
pe-goose
Rep:
?
I've watched it every week. This is barely news and not all the facts are there. This has not been televised at all...maybe on 1st week. It's written quite biased and missing many facts. Also it doesn't mention the EU police being used constantly and them bringing in their weaponry and them randomly dragging innocent people away and the EU police beating the **** out of people...on camera. This was only reported because some one got badly hurt and they took a few building s and burnt a car and smashed sports cars up. Every week it's been on its not reported. This is the 1st time I've seen news in it
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've watched it every week. This is barely news and not all the facts are there. This has not been televised at all...maybe on 1st week. It's written quite biased and missing many facts. Also it doesn't mention the EU police being used constantly and them bringing in their weaponry and them randomly dragging innocent people away and the EU police beating the **** out of people...on camera. This was only reported because some one got badly hurt and they took a few building s and burnt a car and smashed sports cars up. Every week it's been on its not reported. This is the 1st time I've seen news in it
EU police? Do you mean the Gendarmerie?
pe-goose
Rep:
?
No I mean EU police
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No I mean EU police
Who are these so called EU police?
pe-goose
Rep:
?
I think there called Europol now. They used to be called the EU police.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
these Yellow Waistcoats are targeting Jewish businesses:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy_xGzdXQAAZWZV.jpg
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think there called Europol now. They used to be called the EU police.
They aren't europol. It is just the French police, they are ****ing brutal.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
They aren't europol. It is just the French police, they are ****ing brutal.
bUt rUsSiA ToDaY ToLd mE ThAt tHeY WeRe tHe eU PoLiCe

(sorry, had to!)

They're certainly the French police, they don't **** about.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It wasn’t on Australian news....

I think geography might be the reason there.
yankeedog1953
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ive seen quite a lot of coverage of the french protest in the US. on RT and a little on the mainstream news outlets.
The French police are not brutal! Many have been injured because their tactics have NOT been brutal. Here the cops move in and start busting heads before it gets out of control.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yankeedog1953)
Ive seen quite a lot of coverage of the french protest in the US. on RT and a little on the mainstream news outlets.
The French police are not brutal! Many have been injured because their tactics have NOT been brutal. Here the cops move in and start busting heads before it gets out of control.
I assume you are talking about the US rather than the U.K., U.K. police are sacred they might hurt the little darlings.
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just yesterday a journalist lost his hand to an explosive fired at him by the police. Several people have lost their eyes.

In fact the French is the only nation in Europe that allows the police to use explosive TNT grenades (GLI-F4) against civilians.
yankeedog1953
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Using explosive grenades is not an indicator of police brutality. Probably a weapon of last resort. What i saw was a police force using incredible restraint even when the attention of the mob , it seemed, had turned to them.
When this all began thete was one night when i believe there were 16 police injured. That,s not a protest. That's intentional targeting of the police in. a ptotest over ,what i was told, higher wages or something about how money was being spent. Gimme a break. They should blow the dust off a few boxes of those grenades.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Using explosive grenades is not an indicator of police brutality. Probably a weapon of last resort. What i saw was a police force using incredible restraint even when the attention of the mob , it seemed, had turned to them.
When this all began thete was one night when i believe there were 16 police injured. That,s not a protest. That's intentional targeting of the police in. a ptotest over ,what i was told, higher wages or something about how money was being spent. Gimme a break. They should blow the dust off a few boxes of those grenades.
You don't even know what the protests are about :rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
11.9%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.05%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.12%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.55%
No (252)
71.39%

Watched Threads