This has happened on 3 seperate occasions already, is it a good thing? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am 18 and 5'4, and really dislike being called cute.

1st time it happened, i sent a pic of me smiling to this girl and she said I had a "cheeky smile" and that it looked really cute on me.

The 2nd and 3rd time two different girls said the exact same thing, btw these girls don't even know each other.

My mates are telling me they mean cute as in like fluffy animal and baby.

Although the 2nd and 3rd girls both said I had a really nice laugh and one of them was playing with my hair saying it was fun.

It sucks to be seen as adorable
Anonymous #1
I'm a guy btw, I forgot to mention
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm female, and my interpretation of a cute guy is a good looking one.
potatina
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by potatina; 1 week ago
Dusky Mauve
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To me 'cute' is definitely someone that's good looking, and guys can have cute aspects to them but not be cute overall. But I would say cute and hot are two different categories of good-looking in my mind. Neither is better than the other though.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dusky Mauve)
To me 'cute' is definitely someone that's good looking, and guys can have cute aspects to them but not be cute overall. But I would say cute and hot are two different categories of good-looking in my mind. Neither is better than the other though.
What on earth makes a guy "cute"? I am known for being quite cheeky to people, as well as being quite sarcastic. But I don't really see how my behaviour is "cute". Like I got called cute, and I just hid my face because it felt so embarassing.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Cute in BrE means aww adorable. In AmE it means good looking.

Young 'uns today are so corrupted by our American cousins it could mean either.

YW.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't knock it, it probably means that quite a reasonable proportion of girls would want to shag you.
username4487750
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Think about it. They're not going to compliment you by saying you're hot, that's too full on. Cute could be a watered down version of complimenting your looks, or it could be in a non flirting way meaning you have a babyface and they think you're cute like they think a kid is cute. We can't read minds.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try being called cute when you're in your mid 20s, it's unsufferable
Alex Thorne
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You may die a virgin.
username4487750
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Try being called cute when you're in your mid 20s, it's unsufferable
It's not that bad. Better than ugly. LOL. I've had problems with a babyface and I'm 26. Lowest point was at 25 when I was asked if I want a child daysaver or an adult. My lawd. What we gonna do but grow a beard.
Dusky Mauve
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What on earth makes a guy "cute"? I am known for being quite cheeky to people, as well as being quite sarcastic. But I don't really see how my behaviour is "cute". Like I got called cute, and I just hid my face because it felt so embarassing.
Yeah see hiding your face would also be considered 'cute'. Being funny is also cute. It's really not a bad word.

I'm really not explaining this very well but for example on looks alone Chris Pratt is cute. Chris Hemsworth is hot. (even that's not the best example).
Maybe it's the nose/face shape?

Usually it's only when you get to know a guy better that they can be both.
Zasty
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Grow a beard or go to korea
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by username4487750)
It's not that bad. Better than ugly. LOL. I've had problems with a babyface and I'm 26. Lowest point was at 25 when I was asked if I want a child daysaver or an adult. My lawd. What we gonna do but grow a beard.
I'm female so I can't even grow a beard lol I'm banking on still looking young as I get older so I'll be 40 looking in my early 30s or even late 20s.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by username4487750)
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
I'm female so I can't even grow a beard lol I'm banking on still looking young as I get older so I'll be 40 looking in my early 30s or even late 20s.
It's worst being a young looking male than a young looking female imo. One of the main reasons is because women like an older guy or a guy the same age so you end up getting rejected by most women your own age and are forced to go 10+ years younger most of the time.
I started a new temp job a few days ago ...and some people were asking me how much rent I pay ..and I said I don't pay any rent as I own my own place. They were surprised and one of them asked me how old I was. I said 33. They both started looking at me weirdly ...and one of them said "you're 33 years old??" ....then the other one says "you look 19/20" "you don't look a day over 20"

Later that day another guy [who wasn't there for the conversation] started complaining i was working too slow and said i should be able to work faster because i'm young. I asked him how old I was and he said 19/20, ...i said no, he then asked me my age ...and rather than give him the number and deal with the ineveitable freakout reaction ..i just said "much older..."

for what it's worth i think i look about 25, a fair amount of people will guess younger though.

I used to be ok with people saying i look young, ...but it's got to the point now where there is a such a big differance between my real age and percieved age that people often literally freak out and start looking at me strangly half the time, sometimes accusing me of lying .. so i don't like telling people my age much and will avoid it if i can..
anonymousmale786
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

1st time it happened, i sent a pic of me smiling to this girl and she said I had a "cheeky smile" and that it looked really cute on me.

The 2nd and 3rd time two different girls said the exact same thing, btw these girls don't even know each other.

Although the 2nd and 3rd girls both said I had a really nice laugh and one of them was playing with my hair saying it was fun.

It's fine. I am 17, turning 18 this year and am 5'2 barely. Same problem as you mate.
anonymousmale786
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ANM775)
It's worst being a young looking male than a young looking female imo. One of the main reasons is because women like an older guy or a guy the same age so you end up getting rejected by most women your own age and are forced to go 10+ years younger most of the time.
I started a new temp job a few days ago ...and some people were asking me how much rent I pay ..and I said I don't pay any rent as I own my own place. They were surprised and one of them asked me how old I was. I said 33. They both started looking at me weirdly ...and one of them said "you're 33 years old??" ....then the other one says "you look 19/20" "you don't look a day over 20"

Later that day another guy [who wasn't there for the conversation] started complaining i was working too slow and said i should be able to work faster because i'm young. I asked him how old I was and he said 19/20, ...i said no, he then asked me my age ...and rather than give him the number and deal with the ineveitable freakout reaction ..i just said "much older..."

for what it's worth i think i look about 25, a fair amount of people will guess younger though.

I used to be ok with people saying i look young, ...but it's got to the point now where there is a such a big differance between my real age and percieved age that people often literally freak out and start looking at me strangly half the time, sometimes accusing me of lying .. so i don't like telling people my age much and will avoid it if i can..
I work at a trampoline park and get asked for ID all the time... you get used to it but want a change asap.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
and regarding the word "cute"
Last year I was walking along and some girls were walking along [looked about 13] and one of them was eyeing me up and said hi to me, smiled and waved, and i kinda awkwardly gave a polite smile back [not feeling too comfortable] ...and then one of the other girls says to the girl who spoke to me "cute.."

and i was not thrilled tbh, i'm far too old for that word.

It's rare that I hear it nowadays though, so that's something I guess
yotsr123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

we mean you're GOOD LOOKING, not adorable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (11)
5.82%
No (178)
94.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed