The Student Room Group

Write an evaluation of two recognised learning theories.

Scroll to see replies

So q4, I got (which is what I struggled with the most) the other questions which I thought I did well on I failed miserably and apperently didn't use the word count 🤦🏻*♀️ I hate this, it makes me want to just quit all together. X
Original post by Kwalsh2020
So q4, I got (which is what I struggled with the most) the other questions which I thought I did well on I failed miserably and apperently didn't use the word count 🤦🏻*♀️ I hate this, it makes me want to just quit all together. X

Has your unit assessor given you feedback on how you need to go about writing the assignment?
Original post by Martinah91
Has your unit assessor given you feedback on how you need to go about writing the assignment?

You have shown some understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different learning theories here when evaluating them. Well done. You have met the assessment criteria for question 4.You need to revisit the other three questions because your answers are short and lacking in correct detail and focus. For question 1, you need to analyse the factors which will negatively impact on study and the negative effect they may have. For question 2, you should expand your evaluation and make further links between the strengths and weaknesses and the chosen learning theory - you should use my example structure to help you. For question 3, you need to focus on the specific weaknesses in your SWOT. What are they? How will they be assessed?I have noted some grammatical errors in your work. Please proof read carefully.When citing, you have used the full reference in your work. This should be in the reference list. The in-text form should be used - author's surname and date.
Q1 - Analyse factors which negatively impact on study and the impact they have.Q2 - Expand your answer to relate more of your strengths and weaknesses to the learning theory - follow my guidance.Q3 - Focus on the weaknesses from your SWOT - what are they? How will you address them?
Original post by Kwalsh2020
You have shown some understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different learning theories here when evaluating them. Well done. You have met the assessment criteria for question 4.You need to revisit the other three questions because your answers are short and lacking in correct detail and focus. For question 1, you need to analyse the factors which will negatively impact on study and the negative effect they may have. For question 2, you should expand your evaluation and make further links between the strengths and weaknesses and the chosen learning theory - you should use my example structure to help you. For question 3, you need to focus on the specific weaknesses in your SWOT. What are they? How will they be assessed?I have noted some grammatical errors in your work. Please proof read carefully.When citing, you have used the full reference in your work. This should be in the reference list. The in-text form should be used - author's surname and date.
Q1 - Analyse factors which negatively impact on study and the impact they have.Q2 - Expand your answer to relate more of your strengths and weaknesses to the learning theory - follow my guidance.Q3 - Focus on the weaknesses from your SWOT - what are they? How will you address them?

Hiya!

I'm on the same unit and Q 2's got me so confused! Well done for even attempting it, I have no idea what the question is asking from me!
Original post by xx_Ammmz_xx
Hiya!

I'm on the same unit and Q 2's got me so confused! Well done for even attempting it, I have no idea what the question is asking from me!

Did you mange to complete question 2?
Did you mange to complete question 2?

Hi,
No I haven't.. still struggling with it! Have you completed it yet? :smile:
Hi,
No I haven't.. still struggling with it! Have you completed it yet? :smile:

Yes, I completed that unit at the beginning of the year. I found it the hardest out of all the units. Which bits are you struggling on?
Yes, I completed that unit at the beginning of the year. I found it the hardest out of all the units. Which bits are you struggling on?

Ah that's amazing! Well done to you, I'm struggling with question 2 evaluating my learning strengths and weaknesses in terms of a learning theory. I'm thinking to relate it to the Kolb learning cycle but I don't think I'm doing the right thing. What unit are you on at the moment? :smile:
Ah that's amazing! Well done to you, I'm struggling with question 2 evaluating my learning strengths and weaknesses in terms of a learning theory. I'm thinking to relate it to the Kolb learning cycle but I don't think I'm doing the right thing. What unit are you on at the moment? :smile:

I'm on unit 14, the first time I submitted unit 2 it was rejected. This is the advice he gave me;

1. Choose ONE recognised learning theory that links to your learning strengths and weaknesses - this will then help you to write a full and complete evaluation.
2. Explain the theory - who is it by, how does it work, what are the positives and limitations of the theory?
3. Link your learning strengths and weaknesses to the theory by giving examples from your SWOT analysis.
4. Form conclusions as to how useful the theory is in helping you to understand how you learn, and how you can improve in relation to the theory itself. Consider the positives and limitations of the theory and how these can affect your ability to learn.
5. You must use Harvard referencing technique for this answer - citations (author surname, year) within the evaluation and a references list at the end of your work.
6. Use the full word count available to you.

Have you made a swot yet?
I'm on unit 14, the first time I submitted unit 2 it was rejected. This is the advice he gave me;

1. Choose ONE recognised learning theory that links to your learning strengths and weaknesses - this will then help you to write a full and complete evaluation.
2. Explain the theory - who is it by, how does it work, what are the positives and limitations of the theory?
3. Link your learning strengths and weaknesses to the theory by giving examples from your SWOT analysis.
4. Form conclusions as to how useful the theory is in helping you to understand how you learn, and how you can improve in relation to the theory itself. Consider the positives and limitations of the theory and how these can affect your ability to learn.
5. You must use Harvard referencing technique for this answer - citations (author surname, year) within the evaluation and a references list at the end of your work.

Have you made a swot yet?

Thank you so much for the feedback that you were given. I have made a SWOT - I don't think I've quite done it right, but I have done one :smile: So, I was thinking of experiential learning theory and behaviourist learning theory because the experiential learning theory was the one I did my Q2 on.

I'm worried about going over the word limit, how did you stick in the word count?

Also, how long did you spend on each unit? I feel like I'm taking too much time - I've been on this assignment for 2 weeks now!

Sorry for the questions, but thank you for your help! :smile:
Thank you so much for the feedback that you were given. I have made a SWOT - I don't think I've quite done it right, but I have done one :smile: So, I was thinking of experiential learning theory and behaviourist learning theory because the experiential learning theory was the one I did my Q2 on.

I'm worried about going over the word limit, how did you stick in the word count?

Also, how long did you spend on each unit? I feel like I'm taking too much time - I've been on this assignment for 2 weeks now!

Sorry for the questions, but thank you for your help! :smile:

With the SWOT, if you google swot analysis and press images it will show you exactly what format it should be. Can I just check are you on question 2 of Unit 2? That's which one your stuck on.
With the SWOT, if you google swot analysis and press images it will show you exactly what format it should be. Can I just check are you on question 2 of Unit 2? That's which one your stuck on.

Ah okay, what I have done with the SWOT is basically taken all the questions that they gave in the learning info bit and answered them so it looks like Q&A's. I am stuck on Q3 of unit 2, so evaluate two recognised learning theories :smile:
Reply 72
Is anyone on unit 4? Writing the assignment plan for cell biology? The question states that it should be a plan for 10 days. I did that and got it sent back to say the coordinators have changed it to six weeks. Though I was not made aware, and the criteria of the brief still states 10 days.

To say I’m pi$$ed off is an understatement!
I can offer help
Ah okay, what I have done with the SWOT is basically taken all the questions that they gave in the learning info bit and answered them so it looks like Q&A's. I am stuck on Q3 of unit 2, so evaluate two recognised learning theories :smile:

That's Question 4? The notes I gave you before were for question 2. I thought that was the one you were one. These are the notes for question 4, evaluating 2, learning theories.

1. Explain the first learning theory - who is it by, what is it about, how does it work, what are the positives and limitations of the theory?
2. Give an example of where this theory is used in a real learning situation/environment.
3. Repeat stages 1 and 2 for the second learning theory.
4. Compare and contrast the two theories against one another in order to form conclusions about their usefulness/relevance in different learning situations and with different types of learners.
5. You must use Harvard referencing technique for this answer.
Original post by Sitarak
Is anyone on unit 4? Writing the assignment plan for cell biology? The question states that it should be a plan for 10 days. I did that and got it sent back to say the coordinators have changed it to six weeks. Though I was not made aware, and the criteria of the brief still states 10 days.

To say I’m pi$$ed off is an understatement!

I have completed this unit 4, it was a 10 day plan when I completed it. Maybe message the unit assessor, as 6 weeks is a long time ton finish an assignment. In don't think that sounds right?
That's Question 4? The notes I gave you before were for question 2. I thought that was the one you were one. These are the notes for question 4, evaluating 2, learning theories.

1. Explain the first learning theory - who is it by, what is it about, how does it work, what are the positives and limitations of the theory?
2. Give an example of where this theory is used in a real learning situation/environment.
4. Compare and contrast the two theories against one another in order to form conclusions about their usefulness/relevance in different learning situations and with different types of learners.

Sorry, I may have accidentally muddled the questions! :colondollar: thank you so much for this though! :smile:

Hi I am now at step 4, but I am unsure what type of learner would best suit behaviourism and which best learning would suit an experiential learner? The whole compare and contrast is confusing me, could you please help? :smile:
Hi I am now at step 4, but I am unsure what type of learner would best suit behaviourism and which best learning would suit an experiential learner? The whole compare and contrast is confusing me, could you please help? :smile:

I choose behaviourism and humanism because they are exact opposites. When you compare and contrast you are simply saying how they are the same than how are the different. For example Both theories have this in common............., however they are also very different in these ways...........

Behaviourism can be found in schools, armed forces etc. I don't think experiential is a learning theory, more of a learning style, I would probs change that to one of these, There are 5 overarching paradigms of educational learning theories; behaviorism, cognitivism, constructivism, design/brain-based, humanism and 21st Century skills.
I choose behaviourism and humanism because they are exact opposites. When you compare and contrast you are simply saying how they are the same than how are the different. For example Both theories have this in common............., however they are also very different in these ways...........

Behaviourism can be found in schools, armed forces etc. I don't think experiential is a learning theory, more of a learning style, I would probs change that to one of these, There are 5 overarching paradigms of educational learning theories; behaviorism, cognitivism, constructivism, design/brain-based, humanism and 21st Century skills.

Ohh I see what you mean, thank you! I sent my draft using behaviourism and experiential learning theory, so I'll see what the feedback's like on them but I'll probably change to one of those that you've mentioned. Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply