Retaking AS levels and wanting to apply for dentistry Watch

aaman44
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys, hope youre all well. I am currently retaking my Year 12 AS levels having previously got CDD in Biology Maths and Chemistry respectively. This year im working much harder and been getting AAA in all 3 subjects and I want to apply for dentistry- but reading around Im seeing most dental schools will not consider me at all if I am retaking??
Is this true at all- can anyone please help me here I need to know whether this means I cant apply for dentistry this year?
NukaCola
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why are you resitting? If you have extenuating circumstances it’ll probably be okay.
Fermion.
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Yes it’s true that some dentistry schools will not accept resits however some do. You will just need to do your research and find out which do and don’t. Why did you resit?
aaman44
Rep:
?
I resat because my school's matriculation requirements were CCC, which I failed to get. Are you aware of any dental schools that do accept resits- some university websites (eg QMUL) are very vague in that they say " we do not accept applicants who have taken more than 2 years to complete their A Levels"- and i think I might be one of them
(Original post by Illusination)Yes it’s true that some dentistry schools will not accept resits however some do. You will just need to do your research and find out which do and don’t. Why did you resit?
aaman44
Rep:
?
no extenuating circumstances unfortunately, just had a really poor year and failed to matriculate into Year 13- schools entry requirements were CCC which I failed to meet (Original post by NukaCola)Why are you resitting? If you have extenuating circumstances it’ll probably be okay.
Fermion.
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aaman44)
no extenuating circumstances unfortunately, just had a really poor year and failed to matriculate into Year 13- schools entry requirements were CCC which I failed to meet (Original post by NukaCola)Why are you resitting? If you have extenuating circumstances it’ll probably be okay.
I’ve heard Leeds and Sheffield accept resits but you need to sit a BMAT test as well.

Some universities in Scotland will accept resits too. You’re best bet would be to phone up the universities your interested in and ask.
aaman44
Rep:
?
ok will do today then- thank you so much for helping me here really appreciate it(Original post by Illusination)I’ve heard Leeds and Sheffield accept resits but you need to sit a BMAT test as well.

Some universities in Scotland will accept resits too. You’re best bet would be to phone up the universities your interested in and ask.
student140536
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aaman44)
Hey guys, hope youre all well. I am currently retaking my Year 12 AS levels having previously got CDD in Biology Maths and Chemistry respectively. This year im working much harder and been getting AAA in all 3 subjects and I want to apply for dentistry- but reading around Im seeing most dental schools will not consider me at all if I am retaking??
Is this true at all- can anyone please help me here I need to know whether this means I cant apply for dentistry this year?
plymouth, bristol, kings, sheffield and manchester accept resits for A2, not sure about AS
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (468)
66.76%
No (233)
33.24%

Watched Threads