The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Application for MAST Physics (Cambridge) moved to degree committee

My application for Cambridge MAST physics just got moved to under review by the degree committee. What does this mean in terms of acceptance/rejection? I have heard that it varies from department to department and hence was not sure what it meant for physics.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by nc1996
My application for Cambridge MAST physics just got moved to under review by the degree committee. What does this mean in terms of acceptance/rejection? I have heard that it varies from department to department and hence was not sure what it meant for physics.

Have you had an interview? I applied for the same but I'm still at department review.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Yes, I had an interview a week ago. I had applied before the funding deadline
Reply 3
I'm also applying to the same course. Although I did not see the degree committee stage, my status moved to awaiting approval by GAO on 10 Jan (with some uncertainty cuz I didn't check everyday). But 10 days has passed and I'm still waiting at this stage... How's your app going?
Reply 4
I guess the department approved many applications and sent them together to GAO.
Reply 5
Original post by fxh_90
I'm also applying to the same course. Although I did not see the degree committee stage, my status moved to awaiting approval by GAO on 10 Jan (with some uncertainty cuz I didn't check everyday). But 10 days has passed and I'm still waiting at this stage... How's your app going?

Yes, the degree committee to GAO move was within a day. I'm also stuck at GAO now, a friend of mine received hers exactly after 10 days which is what the website says as well, so I'm hoping to hear from them within a few days.
Reply 6
Original post by fxh_90
I guess the department approved many applications and sent them together to GAO.

My application got moved to GAO on 11th Feb, so still within the 10 day limit.
Reply 7
May I ask when exactly did you apply? I have received no invitation for interview, but I heard that they are interviewing every applicant.
Reply 8
Original post by sitou
May I ask when exactly did you apply? I have received no invitation for interview, but I heard that they are interviewing every applicant.

I applied by the funding deadline i.e Jan 3rd
Reply 9
Original post by sitou

I submitted on 31 Oct.
Reply 10
Has anyone got an offer letter yet? Mine moved to awaiting approval by GAO on 11th Feb, still haven't received anything!
Phew, I was getting worried, Mine went on the 14th but hasn't changed yet, would you keep us updated when yours changes from GAO?
Reply 12
Original post by nc1996
Has anyone got an offer letter yet? Mine moved to awaiting approval by GAO on 11th Feb, still haven't received anything!

It took me exactly two weeks from GAO to offer (22 Feb.), so please don't worry too much.
Reply 13
Original post by fxh_90
It took me exactly two weeks from GAO to offer (22 Feb.), so please don't worry too much.

Could you share when you application moved to GAO?
Reply 14
Original post by nc1996
Could you share when you application moved to GAO?

I noticed on 10 Feb., but I'm sure they didn't send my application to GAO on weekends.
Reply 15
Just got my offer letter after being moved to GAO on the 11th.
Original post by THEBUTTERFLYLION
Phew, I was getting worried, Mine went on the 14th but hasn't changed yet, would you keep us updated when yours changes from GAO?
Reply 16
I applied in mid-January but am still at department review and haven't even had an interview yet - I wonder if they're waiting until the final deadline (15 March) passes before dealing with the remaining applications.
Has anyone been rejected?

I submitted mid feb and am under departmental review. No interview, rejection or offer yet, just nothing.

Original post by 201920
I applied in mid-January but am still at department review and haven't even had an interview yet - I wonder if they're waiting until the final deadline (15 March) passes before dealing with the remaining applications.

This is what I thought was the case but I'm not so sure now lol
Same here, applied end of Jan. "Under review"
Reply 19
Original post by CamMASTbro
Has anyone been rejected?

I submitted mid feb and am under departmental review. No interview, rejection or offer yet, just nothing.

This is what I thought was the case but I'm not so sure now lol

On thegradcafe, it looks like someone got a rejection today, so maybe they're finally processing everything. Personally I don't expect to accept this even if I get an offer (already have offers that I prefer) but I'd still like to hear something after all this time.

Quick Reply

Latest