The Student Room Group

AAT vs Accounting degree

Just wanted to know which route to take to become a Chartered Accountant, the AAT course or an Accounting degree. The AAT course would be cheaper. Just need someone’s advice on this. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by M.Chowdhury
Just wanted to know which route to take to become a Chartered Accountant, the AAT course or an Accounting degree. The AAT course would be cheaper. Just need someone’s advice on this. Thanks.

What are you doing at the moment. If you can get a job/ apprenticeship in practise which pays for you to do AAT that will earn you money and not cost anything for the course. Then you progress to ACA either in the firm you are training with or by finding a different firm to sponsor you. Alternatively you could go to university after AAT if you chose to.
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
What are you doing at the moment. If you can get a job/ apprenticeship in practise which pays for you to do AAT that will earn you money and not cost anything for the course. Then you progress to ACA either in the firm you are training with or by finding a different firm to sponsor you. Alternatively you could go to university after AAT if you chose to.

Thanks for the response. I'm currently studying economics, I'm in my first year but I don't think this course is for me, so I wanna move on to accounting. I'm actually looking for apprenticeships now, thanks for the advice!
Reply 3
Thanks for the response. I'm currently studying economics, I'm in my first year but I don't think this course is for me, so I wanna move on to accounting. I'm actually looking for apprenticeships now, thanks for the advice!

Hey, good luck! I think apprenticeships in your position are great - you can always go to university later if you want to.

Economics degree is a great route into accounting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending