The Student Room Group

Graduate Veterinary Medicine 2020

Hey! Starting a conversation for graduates applying for the 2020 intake!

I will be graduating this summer from University of Nottingham with a BSc Animal Science degree.

I applied this year and got rejected from all universities so I am applying again!
Hey - can i ask why you got rejected? / why you think you got rejected? Ill be applying for 2021 intake so trying to get as much info as possible!!
Original post by aimeejade9
Hey - can i ask why you got rejected? / why you think you got rejected? Ill be applying for 2021 intake so trying to get as much info as possible!!

I think I got rejected due to my C in A-level chemistry. This is why Nottingham rejected me I think however RVC claim my C wouldnt have been the reason why I got rejected.

I had 9 weeks work experience. I had 4 week small animal practice although I had no large animal or equine vet experience, this may be what they are looking for.

I thought my personal statement was well written but I do not play an instrument or in any sports team. They may see that as a good extra cirrular thing to have on your personal statement etc

I also dont have 5 As at GCSE. Depsite the C and low gcses, some universites dont mind this because you would be coming in with a 2:1 minimum at degree level.

Overall not completely sure why I didnt get to interview stage apart from a low a-level in chemistry. I will be recieving feedback from nottingham and bristol in the spring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending