Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
F1 here. Feel like I'm not learning much on the day job. I've heard people listen to podcasts - I've tried doing a quick Google search but don't know where to start, anyone have any recommendations for what's appropriate for my level?

Any other suggestions for methods of learning?
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
F1 here. Feel like I'm not learning much on the day job. I've heard people listen to podcasts - I've tried doing a quick Google search but don't know where to start, anyone have any recommendations for what's appropriate for my level?

Any other suggestions for methods of learning?
Do an exam. Even if you don't complete the full qualification or end up in another specialty entirely, it's still a good way to learn (and counts for CV points).

Also get involved in medical student teaching - having to explain a topic to a group of people is a good incentive to learn it well!
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I use an app called castbox. it's basically spotify for podcasts. I listen to the BJSM, BMJ, NEJM and "This week in cardiology" ones
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
I use an app called castbox. it's basically spotify for podcasts. I listen to the BJSM, BMJ, NEJM and "This week in cardiology" ones
thank you, i will check it out
tommyvercetti
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I listen to EM Basic (fairly wordy so it's easy to lose some focus, and it mostly only covers emergencies), The Undifferentiated Medical Student (can still be useful for an FY1 I'd guess as it explores a bunch of specialities, but it is targeted at med students), and some of the big journal podcasts (NEJM, BMJ, etc).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
10.81%
Disagree (3)
8.11%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.03%
Agree (12)
32.43%
Strongly Agree (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise