I’m alone, ugly and sad Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m 18 in a few weeks and i have never even been close enough with a guy let alone had a bf. Like
I have a few of male friends and I have a crush on one of them. All the other girls are so much prettier and I think if I wasn’t so ugly I may have some attention. Like even down to insta posts, guys never like them. I’m bigger than other girls and I’m in the process of losing weight (I had a major sports injury 3 years ago which resulted in me having surgery last year so I gained like 4 stone in 2 years) and I’m not like really really big, like I’ve got fat but still have a distinctive figure. Just fatter thighs and a larger belly, I’m so insecure and sad about how I look and how others perceive me at school the boys would make me feel gross about myself and now at college I don’t get anything. In year 9 I told a guy I liked him and he said lol okay and went around telling my whole year and it was the worst thing that has happened to me and I can’t bring myself to telling someone how I feel again. I’d just have thought someone would have liked me or they think I look nice. I’m just ugly and sad
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Pom_Bear
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same but Im a guy. Maybe we a match innit.
arjanvirdi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pom_Bear)
Same but Im a guy. Maybe we a match innit.
lol same
sarahyi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sometimes you've got to question if you're actually ugly or have you just become so used to your look you don't realise your beauty
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dont be in such a rush for a relationship, it'll happen when it happens. It should be spontaneous and beautiful, not forced
Rainfall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What I learnt is you shouldn’t worry about the ones who reject you because of your appearance because honestly you dodged a bullet and someday someone will come and love you for who you are on the inside and thinks you’re beautiful. I’m sure you’re not even ugly and you’re probably beautiful but Society wants us to look like they’re type of beautiful. No!! You say No! Anyways, you’re only 17 and I would say do not worry about relationships now and focus on actually rising your self esteem. Focus on yourself
YasudaSayo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
same
MsBathory
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
People need to stop measuring their self worth in Instagram likes. Maybe consider your attitude. If you keep running yourself down, you might be projecting negative vibes. You're 18 now - adults don't go around laughing at someone for telling them they like them, that stuff is left in the schoolyard. Plus have you SEEN some of the people who are in relationships? As in morbidly obese people with no teeth and neck tattoos? If these animals can find (or convince, in those cases) someone who loves them, I'm sure there's hope for you yet.
Pom_Bear
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by arjanvirdi)
lol same
Love triangle then innit💀
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 18 in a few weeks and i have never even been close enough with a guy let alone had a bf. Like
I have a few of male friends and I have a crush on one of them. All the other girls are so much prettier and I think if I wasn’t so ugly I may have some attention. Like even down to insta posts, guys never like them. I’m bigger than other girls and I’m in the process of losing weight (I had a major sports injury 3 years ago which resulted in me having surgery last year so I gained like 4 stone in 2 years) and I’m not like really really big, like I’ve got fat but still have a distinctive figure. Just fatter thighs and a larger belly, I’m so insecure and sad about how I look and how others perceive me at school the boys would make me feel gross about myself and now at college I don’t get anything. In year 9 I told a guy I liked him and he said lol okay and went around telling my whole year and it was the worst thing that has happened to me and I can’t bring myself to telling someone how I feel again. I’d just have thought someone would have liked me or they think I look nice. I’m just ugly and sad
Confidence is most of attractiveness. I know that's an easy thing to say, but try to own it.

If you don't feel attractive when you see yourself in the mirror or in pictures, don't say to yourself "I'm not attractive", say "I'm not my type", but remember that you will be someone else's type.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
All these messages have been so lovely and have really made my day thank you so much xxxx
Namjoongang
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Tbh same. i often find myself feeling ugly, sad and lonely.. but self pity won't benefit you nor will it get you anywhere!
You don't need to please anyone, i'm sure you're beautiful in your own way but the people around you can't appreciate it properly. If you want, you can better yourself by gaining more confidence or improving yourself personality wise (e.g by going out, finding new hobbies and gaining more life experiences! also doing things alone can help you develop your own personality and traits since you don't have to depend on other opinions around you). Looks aren't what make up your whole you after all but i'm also rooting for you and your weight loss
Johndoeskitty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I know plenty of people who are ugly as hell but still get heaps of attention from the opposite sex. This is because even if their face is not fantastic or whatever they make an effort to look good (nice dressing, going to the gym, eating right, skincare, makeup, good haircut). They also make sure to have a sociable personality and/or good career. Heck my friend was average looking she decided to go get subtle plastic surgery and now she looks like a model lol. Not saying surgery is necessary but just pointing out that if people feel ugly they should go out and do something about it so that they feel happy about themselves.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (56)
8.18%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.48%
No, but I want to start (257)
37.52%
No, I am unable to (162)
23.65%
No, I chose not to (193)
28.18%