I have a lot of free time and nothing to do Watch

Mruczega
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to do something efficient and or have fun.
arjanvirdi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How about a new tv show to watch? Or why don't you go exploring? Visit a new city, and the attractions.
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Take up a new hobby, learn a new skill, get out and explore, volunteer, read. They don't have to be massive expensive things, there's tonnes online and stuff now! Look at what you have around the house- is there an old instrument you could learn? Books you've not read? Art materials you could use? Download some free apps, Duolingo or a fact a day one. If there's anything you've ever wanted to get into or know more about then start looking it up. TED talks and things are great! There's loads out there once you start thinking about it

With a lot of free time, try and think of one thing you want to achieve in it a day. That's not to say you have to do things all the time every day at all, but just enough to keep you focused. Say that on Monday you'll go out for a walk and on Tuesday you'll get a book from the library. Wednesday you'll look up volunteering opportunities in your area (doit.org is great for this). That way you'll always feel like you've achieved something or been relatively productive with your time
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by arjanvirdi)
How about a new tv show to watch? Or why don't you go exploring? Visit a new city, and the attractions.
Can't seem to find anything good. I try to go out and explore as often as I can't but my mum literally doesn't want me going out of the house cuz she is to goddamned lazy to take care of her own child (1 year old.)
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by furryface12)
Take up a new hobby, learn a new skill, get out and explore, volunteer, read. They don't have to be massive expensive things, there's tonnes online and stuff now! Look at what you have around the house- is there an old instrument you could learn? Books you've not read? Art materials you could use? Download some free apps, Duolingo or a fact a day one. If there's anything you've ever wanted to get into or know more about then start looking it up. TED talks and things are great! There's loads out there once you start thinking about it

With a lot of free time, try and think of one thing you want to achieve in it a day. That's not to say you have to do things all the time every day at all, but just enough to keep you focused. Say that on Monday you'll go out for a walk and on Tuesday you'll get a book from the library. Wednesday you'll look up volunteering opportunities in your area (doit.org is great for this). That way you'll always feel like you've achieved something or been relatively productive with your time
Omg, I really do love Ted talks. I think I will check out more of their videos. About the book thing, I literally can't find anything interesting. I might try to learn Korean. I read a lot of manga and I think it would be great for me to learn
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mruczega)
Omg, I really do love Ted talks. I think I will check out more of their videos. About the book thing, I literally can't find anything interesting. I might try to learn Korean. I read a lot of manga and I think it would be great for me to learn
They're amazing! Korean sounds hard but cool too. Good luck with it!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Decahedron
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Learn to bake cakes, everyone loves cake :cake:
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by furryface12)
They're amazing! Korean sounds hard but cool too. Good luck with it!
Yeah but I think it will give me more options plus if/when i become good I can help with translating some manga.
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by Decahedron)
Learn to bake cakes, everyone loves cake :cake:
Can do that. I have been trying to pull of meringue cake (pavlova) but I think the oven is broken. I'm getting a whole new kitchen in a few weeks so maybe then it will go well.
Decahedron
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can do that. I have been trying to pull of meringue cake (pavlova) but I think the oven is broken. I'm getting a whole new kitchen in a few weeks so maybe then it will go well.
I have been trying to master the mille feuille, it is a struggle.
tesconyc
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
read a book
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
chelseadagg3r
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not sure where in your life you are so some suggestions might be completely irrelevant

If you're going to uni, learn to cook a bunch of new meals and batch cook. Obviously it'll come in really handy.

You could learn a language, take a class in something you've always been interested in but never really studied, volunteer, try out MeetUp groups based around your interests, travel (even just the towns/cities around where you live), go to the gym or join a sports team, all sorts!
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by tesconyc)
read a book
Can't find any I like. It's really annoying because recently I really wanted to read a good book. I checked out many but none interested me
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
I'm not sure where in your life you are so some suggestions might be completely irrelevant

If you're going to uni, learn to cook a bunch of new meals and batch cook. Obviously it'll come in really handy.

You could learn a language, take a class in something you've always been interested in but never really studied, volunteer, try out MeetUp groups based around your interests, travel (even just the towns/cities around where you live), go to the gym or join a sports team, all sorts!
Hmmm, you did make a good point but I do have a point to counteract it with. Someone who is bored like me might see the post and the comments and the points might apply to them so either way it's good

I don't really know if I'm gonna go to uni because right now my life is a huge question mark. I am in between of trying to find a job as a 17 year old with no work experience and looking into how I can move out.

I have decided to give learning Korean a try. I will check out if there is anything good going on it town but probably nothing cuz I just moved to a really small town.
chelseadagg3r
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hmmm, you did make a good point but I do have a point to counteract it with. Someone who is bored like me might see the post and the comments and the points might apply to them so either way it's good

I don't really know if I'm gonna go to uni because right now my life is a huge question mark. I am in between of trying to find a job as a 17 year old with no work experience and looking into how I can move out.

I have decided to give learning Korean a try. I will check out if there is anything good going on it town but probably nothing cuz I just moved to a really small town.
Hopefully!

I was really similar at your age and wanted to make use of my time. Learning a language is really good. I found it hard to remember to keep up with it so I never get past the basics, but I always try and pick up Italian again when I find I have a bit more time on my hands :laugh:

I live in a really small town too, and one thing I really enjoyed doing was getting the bus or a lift to the nearest town with a train station, getting a £2.50 train to Middlesbrough or a slightly more expensive one to Newcastle and I'd just explore free events, art galleries, museums etc. I also did a bit of work experience on a whim in an industry I'd never really thought about you and I actually lvoed it so much that now I study that subject at uni. You never know where little things like that will take you!
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Hopefully!

I was really similar at your age and wanted to make use of my time. Learning a language is really good. I found it hard to remember to keep up with it so I never get past the basics, but I always try and pick up Italian again when I find I have a bit more time on my hands :laugh:

I live in a really small town too, and one thing I really enjoyed doing was getting the bus or a lift to the nearest town with a train station, getting a £2.50 train to Middlesbrough or a slightly more expensive one to Newcastle and I'd just explore free events, art galleries, museums etc. I also did a bit of work experience on a whim in an industry I'd never really thought about you and I actually lvoed it so much that now I study that subject at uni. You never know where little things like that will take you!
I checked and for me, it will be quiet expensive to get out of town. I would love to go to Birmingham but it would cost me way over £10 for the trip.
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can't find any I like. It's really annoying because recently I really wanted to read a good book. I checked out many but none interested me
Lemme recommend you one then. Factfulness, by Hans Rosling.

Erm, as for actual hobbies - guitar? astronomy?
RevisionWorld66
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is a great baking recipe, get water that's a bit hotter than lukewarm, and some ice cubes, get coconut water and the medium size Vaseline and if you want, Nivea cream. Now, put the > lukewarm water in a sandwich bag, and then put 5 tablespoons of coconut oil in the bag, alongside with a handful of vaseline and a tiny bit of Nivea cream, then close it and start kneeing it, now open it up and get a large ripe banana, cut it into pieces (of course don't include the skin), and smash that as well alongside with it, now add a bit of Nivea cream, add some ice cubes in the bag and then get out your **** and start ****ing the sandwich bag.

Not only that, but after you come in the bag, leave it, store it under your bed, and repeat, yes use the same sandwich bag with the same gunk inside, it adds to the experience.

If you want, you can spit in the sandwich bag as well, but personally, I think that's a bit gross, but hey to each to their own.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Learn an instrument, focus on yourself, read, travel, do something because one day sooner than you think you’ll look back and realise time is even more valuable and precious than money, especially if it’s care and stress free time.
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Lemme recommend you one then. Factfulness, by Hans Rosling.

Erm, as for actual hobbies - guitar? astronomy?
Will check them out tomorrow.

I don't really have hobbies. I lose interest in things really fast.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (63)
8.33%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.51%
No, but I want to start (281)
37.17%
No, I am unable to (185)
24.47%
No, I chose not to (208)
27.51%