Need help for a friend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So recently I was playing a game online and a friend of mine I used to play with a long time ago approached me and told me he was having severe depression and occasional suicidal thoughts.
We live on different countries but we used to play Roblox together a few years ago, until I stopped, but we had been talking once in a while on Discord.
A few weeks ago, I decided to go back and play (My younger sister got into it, and wanted to play together). This is when he first told me about his situation.
Over the past few weeks I have been talking to him over Discord, telling him to see a psychiatrist but he keeps saying no and that he isn't ready to go see one.
I have been talking to him as much as I can, but with AS levels around the corner, I haven't had much time to do so.
Yesterday he cut himself about 20 times on his leg and sent me a pic of the scars. His suicidal thoughts are also occuring more frequently.
I fear that his his mental condition is deteriorating, and I don't know what to do.
Any help on how to improve his situation would be really helpful
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
scrollingdown
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You live in different countries so you can't really do pretty much anything that would help him. Plus, he's refusing to go get help so really there's nothing that you can do except tell him to stop sending you pics of his wounds/scars. I mean, really, what's the point? I get that he's depressed and all that stuff but sending you those pics? Isn't just mentioning it enough? What he needs is some real world help and support, face to face, IRL. Hope you do well on your AS levels though.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by scrollingdown)
You live in different countries so you can't really do pretty much anything that would help him. Plus, he's refusing to go get help so really there's nothing that you can do except tell him to stop sending you pics of his wounds/scars. I mean, really, what's the point? I get that he's depressed and all that stuff but sending you those pics? Isn't just mentioning it enough? What he needs is some real world help and support, face to face, IRL. Hope you do well on your AS levels though.
But thinking about leaving him makes me feel a bit guilty, especially because we have been good friends for quite a long time. Isn't there anything I can do, just to help?
Thanks for the reply and wishes though, appreciate it ♥️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (213)
60%
No (142)
40%

Watched Threads