Help! Stressed Out because I Have no idea what to do with my assignment Watch

ilovelearning17
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi please can some help me to figure out my assignment. I have asked tutor for help but she just said find out yourself. I have spent days looking for something that can help me but I can’t find anything that can help me . We have to write a report on the relationship between two variables. We have to choose two appropriate variables out of the following measurement instruments but I have no idea which to choose because I have no idea about what makes them appropriate . If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

GRIT – 12 item Duckworth, Peterson, Matthews and Kelly (2007)

Unintentional Procrastination Scale Fernie, Bharucha, Nikcevic and Spada (2017)

Academic self-efficacy scale Zimmerman, Bandura & Martinez-Pons (1992)

Deary-Liewald Reaction Time Task Deary, Liewald & Nissan (2011)

Emotional Intelligence Self-Assessment Questionnaire. Weinberg & Pearson (unpublished)

Please can anyone help as I am at the end of my tether. I have no one else to ask😭 and I really want to pass.

TIA
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
BPBPBPBP
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, if you read just a little bit about them, you'd get a picture of what they measure. Just from the titles, some of them are descriptive enough almost. So far as what's appropraite, it's all a bit arbitrary, in a good way. It's about human behaviour, joining them up and it giving a kind of story. For example, GRIT according to Google is:
The Grit Scale is a set of measures designed to measure trait-level perseverance and passion for long-term goals.
Then there's the Unintentional Procrastination Scale. I picked that one because it's description is in the name. So you could imagine, possibly, people who have high long-term goal interest/passion, maybe, being a bit crap at putting things off, being dreamy and vague, and never getting down to nitty gritty. They have good intentions, but fail to get round to it. That's what those two scales could show if both gave a high score to someone. And conversely, maybe, people who are crap at long term goals are good at doing things here and now. I don't know, it's just a case of teasing out stories I guess? Seeing what fits together and suggests stories, types of behaviour.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (80)
14.36%
Yes - a food allergy (59)
10.59%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.69%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.69%
No (388)
69.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed