xanamsg
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I was offered a place at Sussex with a conditional offer for Business and Management of passing my Diploma de Ensino Secundario (Portuguese Diploma) with an overall average score of 17. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to have an overall grade that high. Would Sussex by any chance accept me if I had 15.5/16 on my diploma? I have 19 in economics and 18 in geography, but I'm not really sure if that would make a difference...

I read that choosing Sussex as my firm choice could be an advantage since they start clearing before results day (not sure what day that is since I don't live in the UK). Is this true?*

(I'm asking because I'm trying to decide whether or not to put Sussex as my firm choice -- I think I'd miss their offer)

please help! thank you
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xanamsg)
Hi, I was offered a place at Sussex with a conditional offer for Business and Management of passing my Diploma de Ensino Secundario (Portuguese Diploma) with an overall average score of 17. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to have an overall grade that high. Would Sussex by any chance accept me if I had 15.5/16 on my diploma? I have 19 in economics and 18 in geography, but I'm not really sure if that would make a difference...

I read that choosing Sussex as my firm choice could be an advantage since they start clearing before results day (not sure what day that is since I don't live in the UK). Is this true?*

(I'm asking because I'm trying to decide whether or not to put Sussex as my firm choice -- I think I'd miss their offer)

please help! thank you
Hi, it is possible that Sussex would accept you with lower grades but there's no guarantee - it depends on lots of factors such as how many other good applicants they have this year for that subject. So it would be a risky Firm choice, with only you knowing if it is worth the risk for the chance of going there.

When someone puts a risky Firm choice, careers advisers always recommend having a "safe" Insurance choice in case the risk does not pay off. Do you have an Insurance choice that requires lower grades?
Last edited by harrysbar; 1 year ago
xanamsg
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for your reply!

I do actually, I also applied to Kent in Medway and they also offered me a place for Business and Management that requires and overall average of 15.5 in my diploma.

I guess that would be my insurance choice
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xanamsg)
Thank you so much for your reply!

I do actually, I also applied to Kent in Medway and they also offered me a place for Business and Management that requires and overall average of 15.5 in my diploma.

I guess that would be my insurance choice
That would be sensible to have a good insurance choice, but Good Luck with Sussex anyway
xanamsg
Rep:
?
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (284)
56.35%
I don't have everything I need (220)
43.65%

Watched Threads