?
Report 1 year ago
Best of luck :rave: u got this :thumbsup:
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It is okay to be hungry. Being hungry doesn't mean you have to have a snack or think about food.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would like to say that if you are increasing your level of activity especially if you are doing a routine that includes weights don't cut your carbs by too much, you will need the energy.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
(Original post by JaseyB)
I would like to say that if you are increasing your level of activity especially if you are doing a routine that includes weights don't cut your carbs by too much, you will need the energy.
Thanks for the tip! I'm definitely not going to cut them out completely, but instead of having them in every evening meal I'll only have them a couple of times a week instead.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
I am so proud of myself!

Name:  Screenshot_20190212-195125_Samsung Health-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  84.1 KB
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I am so proud of myself!

Name:  Screenshot_20190212-195125_Samsung Health-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  84.1 KB
:woo: well done keep it up :thumbsup:
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
:woo: well done keep it up :thumbsup:
I'm going to aim for 7-10k steps a day. Today was a bonus because I had lots of places to go and things to do.
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm going to aim for 7-10k steps a day. Today was a bonus because I had lots of places to go and things to do.
that sounds great u totally got this best of luck
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck!!!!

One little advice (I'd wish I follow it myself), instead of cutting off foods/counting callories (which is good you don't do, but still have to maintain a normal amount of callories total), try counting nutrients, make sure your diet is ballanced, in addition make sure you eat the right mix of foods that don't interrupt with each other and everything is absorbed well... you may want to talk to a dietitian about it. I did that when I went vegan just to make sure I eat well.... worked great until my current work.

About exercises, exercising alone is good if you do it right. Basic stuff should be ok, but some flexibility or weight exercises (even simple ones) should be done under supervision, at least at the start of your journey.

Good luck on your journey!
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kathy89)
Good luck!!!!

One little advice (I'd wish I follow it myself), instead of cutting off foods/counting callories (which is good you don't do, but still have to maintain a normal amount of callories total), try counting nutrients, make sure your diet is ballanced, in addition make sure you eat the right mix of foods that don't interrupt with each other and everything is absorbed well... you may want to talk to a dietitian about it. I did that when I went vegan just to make sure I eat well.... worked great until my current work.

About exercises, exercising alone is good if you do it right. Basic stuff should be ok, but some flexibility or weight exercises (even simple ones) should be done under supervision, at least at the start of your journey.

Good luck on your journey!
Thank you! I've been really good in reducing the junk food like chocolate and crisps, and increasing the good stuff like fruit and vegetables.

I'm not very flexible at all so this is definitely something I want to work on.
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My personal best for number of steps done in a day! My feet are a bit sore but I feel absolutely brilliant, and so proud of myself.
:woo: well done keep it up :rave:
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
:woo: well done keep it up :rave:
Thanks for the support Groot
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the support Groot
No worries
:hugs:
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:lovehug:
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
10th March 2019

Weight at 9:31am: 58.4kg. Whaaatt?! A whole 2.2kg down since last week. Obvious reason though, for the past 2 days I've been quite ill and have barely eaten a thing so that's why I've lost more this week.

Exercise:
Spoiler:
Show

Did it once this week on Tuesday. Would have done it again but as said before have been poorly. Still walking to and from uni. Haven't walked to town because have only been once for work, and I don't want to use up energy before work as I spend my whole shift on my feet.

Food:
Spoiler:
Show

Been good with food, no unhealthy snacking again. Obviously had pancakes on pancake day, though. My friend tried tempting me with chocolate digestives the other day but I was good and refused. Unfortunately last few days have been rubbish, barely eating anything. However I seem to be back to normal now so hopefully will be all okay.
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
10th March 2019

Weight at 9:31am: 58.4kg. Whaaatt?! A whole 2.2kg down since last week. Obvious reason though, for the past 2 days I've been quite ill and have barely eaten a thing so that's why I've lost more this week.

Exercise:
Spoiler:
Show

Did it once this week on Tuesday. Would have done it again but as said before have been poorly. Still walking to and from uni. Haven't walked to town because have only been once for work, and I don't want to use up energy before work as I spend my whole shift on my feet.

Food:
Spoiler:
Show

Been good with food, no unhealthy snacking again. Obviously had pancakes on pancake day, though. My friend tried tempting me with chocolate digestives the other day but I was good and refused. Unfortunately last few days have been rubbish, barely eating anything. However I seem to be back to normal now so hopefully will be all okay.
:woo:
:console: hope you feel better soon
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
:woo:
:console: hope you feel better soon
Thanks! Am feeling better, just don't have my appetite back yet.

First time I've noticed a little less podge too so I'm pleased
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (71)
53.38%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.52%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
10.53%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (34)
25.56%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (4)
3.01%

Watched Threads