The Student Room Group

Is it morally wrong to accept an arrange marriage, and have a gf on the side?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MynameisJenny
This could be the script for Bend It Like Beckham 2 except it's not about football.

Lol it’d be more like Asian version of Brokeback mountain
Reply 21
Original post by MrMusician95
Yes. I've heard so many stories like this. If you're financially independent then "disappoint" them. Of they're worth anything they'll accept you for who you are. If they don't them they're not worth your time.

Say you go through with this and then want to marry your gf? Then what? Or are you going to hide her from your parents forever?

I wish more Pakistani girls would realise that families that your bring shame to like this aren't worth it.

I would be clear with her from the start and set out the terms. I have spoken to many beautiful highly educated women regarding this and some have said they’d be happy with the set up. One girl even asked me to keep in touch with her after my marriage and she’d strongly still consider a relationship. People are weird- whatever floats your boat I suppose.

More likely I’d have short term flings with girls on the side.
Reply 22
Oh gosh I want a white gf so bad.
Original post by Tellmegaub
So I’m bisexual girl but I prefer girls on a romantic and emotional level. My parents are very strict and are pressuring me to marry my cousin from Pakistan.

I’m considering going ahead with it and accepting my fate as I don’t want to lose my family or cause any shame to them. So please don’t advise me to leave them, and do my own thing as that’s not an option.

However in the back of my mind, I have thought about getting a gf on the side. Someone I can enjoy a passionate relationship with. There are fewer risks involved with a gf- no chance of pregnancies, lower risk of sexual diseases etc and I can even have her cover as a ‘friend’ of mine. We can hang out together as “friends@.

It’ll be unfair on the guy and I hate that. But let’s be honest, he doesn’t want to marry me because he’s madly in love with me or attracted to my personality. He wants me for the British passport and so he can come here make tons of money to send back home to his family. It’s a marriage of convenience for the both of us. I’ll be trapped in an arrange marriage where there was never any real passion or love to begin with.

I know of many British Pakistani men that get married back home and a have gf on the side in which the community are aware of. But men can get away with murder in our community!!

After chatting to a few girls, I was surprised to discover that plenty of them would not hesitate in dating a married woman. Perhaps it’s the whole forbidden fruit always tastes sweeter.

Or am I just being a selfish heartless *****?!

And before people lose their ****, this scenario is not something I’d likely go ahead with. I’m more likely going to be stuck in a loveless arrange marriage where I’d be loyal to be my husband. But not going to lie , the temptation is always there.

if your girlfriend a bisexual too then have a word with your would be husband maybe you can be in a polygamous relationship. I know a few people who are in this type of relationship without any problem men will always be hungry for women. If he finds out himself it will break his heart and you dont want that. A friend of mine was in this situation and she now is married to a man and her girlfriend is his husbands second wife for everyone in the community. I would suggest talking to your man and gently break it to him be friendly to him from the beginning. Be his friend and talk to him it will work out.
Reply 24
Original post by Tellmegaub
So I’m bisexual girl but I prefer girls on a romantic and emotional level. My parents are very strict and are pressuring me to marry my cousin from Pakistan.

I’m considering going ahead with it and accepting my fate as I don’t want to lose my family or cause any shame to them. So please don’t advise me to leave them, and do my own thing as that’s not an option.

However in the back of my mind, I have thought about getting a gf on the side. Someone I can enjoy a passionate relationship with. There are fewer risks involved with a gf- no chance of pregnancies, lower risk of sexual diseases etc and I can even have her cover as a ‘friend’ of mine. We can hang out together as “friends@.

It’ll be unfair on the guy and I hate that. But let’s be honest, he doesn’t want to marry me because he’s madly in love with me or attracted to my personality. He wants me for the British passport and so he can come here make tons of money to send back home to his family. It’s a marriage of convenience for the both of us. I’ll be trapped in an arrange marriage where there was never any real passion or love to begin with.

I know of many British Pakistani men that get married back home and a have gf on the side in which the community are aware of. But men can get away with murder in our community!!

After chatting to a few girls, I was surprised to discover that plenty of them would not hesitate in dating a married woman. Perhaps it’s the whole forbidden fruit always tastes sweeter.

Or am I just being a selfish heartless *****?!

And before people lose their ****, this scenario is not something I’d likely go ahead with. I’m more likely going to be stuck in a loveless arrange marriage where I’d be loyal to be my husband. But not going to lie , the temptation is always there.

Arranged marriages are morally wrong -avoid them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending