Choosing St andrews over Lse Watch

Nisse33
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi! Im having trouble deciding atm between St andrews and Lse for Geography. Everyone keeps saying rejecting Lse would be insane but I think I actually prefer St Andrews as of now, for undergrad at least. This coupled with the fact that as an EU student scotland is free for me and Lse much more expensive. Am i crazy to think of rejecting lse? Thanks!
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
St. Andrews is an excellent university - equal to LSE in my opinion. They're both, along with unis like Imperial & Durham, on the tier just below Oxbridge.

If you prefer St. Andrews, choose it. Given that it's free for you, I think you would be mad to choose LSE when you have a St A's offer.

(And I'm speaking as a current LSE student, in the Politics Department)
Last edited by LeapingLucy; 4 months ago
GGekkoM&A
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
They are both good unis. If St Andrews is free then go there, but LSE has a bit of an edge in banking, consulting, law careers. But it’s not like they’ll reject you just because you go to St Andrews.
Nisse33
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
St. Andrews is an excellent university - equal to LSE in my opinion. They're both, along with unis like Imperial & Durham, on the tier just below Oxbridge.

If you prefer St. Andrews, choose it. Given that it's free for you, I think you would be mad to choose LSE when you have a St A's offer.

(And I'm speaking as a current LSE student, in the Politics Department)
Thanks for answering! Makes me feel a little better! Its not like st andrews is ThAT inferior? One could always, providing One did well there ofc, go to an LSE or oxbridge for postgrad after a St A undergrad right?
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Nisse33)
Thanks for answering! Makes me feel a little better! Its not like st andrews is ThAT inferior? One could always, providing One did well there ofc, go to an LSE or oxbridge for postgrad after a St A undergrad right?
Without a doubt. St Andrews isn't "inferior" to LSE in the slightest. If you were studying Economics, maybe, but certainly not for geography.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads