Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ideas / plots for imaginative writing??
velvethopes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Use your imagination :rolleyes:

Is there a certain theme you should be writing about? Or topic? Quite vague to be able to think of anything off the top of my head also. However, try googling 'writing prompts' if not. Tumblr and Pinterest are usually useful for finding inspiration and prompts also.
Jayboo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Hi,, I’ve got my English Lang paper 1 mock tomorrow , I find section a easy, the writing is what throws me. My mind goes completely blank what other classes have done is like write a story all together and then they will just adapt it to fit the question in the exam as it will be random for example : “write about a time you felt scared” or “write about a time you or someone else has done something wrong”. My class haven’t done that, the teacher wastes time. I’m worried I’ll get into the exam and just waffle which isn’t good. I need a little bit of preparation so I can show the examiner what I’m capable of
Jayboo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
(Original post by velvethopes)
Use your imagination :rolleyes:

Is there a certain theme you should be writing about? Or topic? Quite vague to be able to think of anything off the top of my head also. However, try googling 'writing prompts' if not. Tumblr and Pinterest are usually useful for finding inspiration and prompts also.
Also Thankyou for your suggestion I’ll go and have a loookkk x
Tolgarda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You'll have to think on the spot on the exam. Use your imagination, as another poster rightfully said.
Mruczega
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jayboo)
Hi,, I’ve got my English Lang paper 1 mock tomorrow , I find section a easy, the writing is what throws me. My mind goes completely blank what other classes have done is like write a story all together and then they will just adapt it to fit the question in the exam as it will be random for example : “write about a time you felt scared” or “write about a time you or someone else has done something wrong”. My class haven’t done that, the teacher wastes time. I’m worried I’ll get into the exam and just waffle which isn’t good. I need a little bit of preparation so I can show the examiner what I’m capable of
I think that coming up with a new idea in itself is the best thing to do. I can relate to you. I had a bad teacher (literally didn't teach me anything) almost till my GCSE's started. For the last 3 months, we had a new young female teacher who had to help us catch up on 3 years worth of work.

Cuz we fell behind I had to take extra English classes (cuz I was set up for failure) and ended up being told to write stories just like you. Each time my mind was completely blank. I looked up potential reasons for this. I have a suggestion as to why you might be stuck. I think you're too critical/worried about it. Idk how to deal with it, during my exam I just went with whatever and passed (got a B.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads