The Student Room Group

Should i take a gap year or not

So I've applied to medicine this year to Imperial College London, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Anglia Ruskin University and University of Manchester. For my 5th choice, I applied for Biomedical Science at St George's University. I've done my interviews at brighton and sussex med school and at Anglia Ruskin and waiting for a response, however I got rejected by imperial and Manchester. I really wanted to study at imperial but now that I got rejected, i'm a bit lost because I not only want to study medicine, I want to study it at a super good uni like imperial, ucl etc. I don't know if I should take a gap year or apply as a post graduate from biomedical science. I don't really want to study at bsms or Anglia because i'm starting to hear not so good stuff about bsms and Anglia ruskin is really new so no one really knows how good the uni is for medicine? Please could you give me advice as to what to do next?
Reply 1
Original post by yusuf67
So I've applied to medicine this year to Imperial College London, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Anglia Ruskin University and University of Manchester. For my 5th choice, I applied for Biomedical Science at St George's University. I've done my interviews at brighton and sussex med school and at Anglia Ruskin and waiting for a response, however I got rejected by imperial and Manchester. I really wanted to study at imperial but now that I got rejected, i'm a bit lost because I not only want to study medicine, I want to study it at a super good uni like imperial, ucl etc. I don't know if I should take a gap year or apply as a post graduate from biomedical science. I don't really want to study at bsms or Anglia because i'm starting to hear not so good stuff about bsms and Anglia ruskin is really new so no one really knows how good the uni is for medicine? Please could you give me advice as to what to do next?

Troll🤥🤭😙😙☹️
Reply 2
no i swear, i'm so lost. i'm not a troll
Reply 3
(Original post by yusuf67)no i swear, i'm so lost. i'm not a troll
i really need the help
Original post by yusuf67
(Original post by yusuf67)no i swear, i'm so lost. i'm not a troll
i really need the help

You should reapply. Go for it mate. Its worth it!
Reply 5
Original post by billwilkins
You should reapply. Go for it mate. Its worth it!

Thank you mate, do you have any reasons for why you support this decision of mine?
Reply 6
Original post by yusuf67
Thank you mate, do you have any reasons for why you support this decision of mine?

I reapplied and decided to take a gap year on results day after I got rejected from my firm, so really last minute lol. I now have an unconditional offer for LSE and a job in financial services. It’s worth it!!!
Reply 7
What bad thing did you hear about bsms?
@yusuf67
Original post by yusuf67

Personally, I would take this train and accept one of the two offers. I would not want to go again through the application process and the emotional stress waiting the results. At the end of the day, you will be a doctor.
Reply 9
Original post by yusuf67
Thank you mate, do you have any reasonsli for why you support this decision of mine?

Literally how i feel at the moment.

Original post by yusuf67
I didn’t take a gap year because I wanted to get straight to dating and pulling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending