Emzalol
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've received unconditional offers at Bournemouth, Southampton Solent, Bath Spa and Winchester for product design (or CAD) and I've narrowed it down to Bournemouth and Solent but I keep flipping between the two. Does anyone have any advice/reviews of the unis or courses? I'd really appreciate it, thank you xx
BU Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emzalol)
I've received unconditional offers at Bournemouth, Southampton Solent, Bath Spa and Winchester for product design (or CAD) and I've narrowed it down to Bournemouth and Solent but I keep flipping between the two. Does anyone have any advice/reviews of the unis or courses? I'd really appreciate it, thank you xx
Hi, congratulations on your offers! Have you considered the placement opportunities whilst narrowing down your options? Here at BU we have an excellent placement reputation and I just wanted to highlight this to you :-) Previous students have completed placements at: Quadrant2Design, Rank Xerox, BT Labs, Ford of France and Dyson. You can also read an interesting student experience here.

85% of our students are working or studying 6 months after graduating. They have been employed by a range of organisations, including AnglePoise, Atlas Furniture, Campbell Reith, Craftwood Interiors, Dyson, HM Forces, GSPK Design Ltd, Jonathan Coles Lighting, Lancome, Lush Retail Ltd, MDM Props, Princess Motor Yacht Company, Quadrant2Design, among many others.

Have you visited both uni's during an open day to get a feel for the town/city, speak with academic staff, check out the facilities and look around halls?

Vicki
Emzalol
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by BU Students)
Hi, congratulations on your offers! Have you considered the placement opportunities whilst narrowing down your options? Here at BU we have an excellent placement reputation and I just wanted to highlight this to you :-) Previous students have completed placements at: Quadrant2Design, Rank Xerox, BT Labs, Ford of France and Dyson. You can also read an interesting student experience here.

85% of our students are working or studying 6 months after graduating. They have been employed by a range of organisations, including AnglePoise, Atlas Furniture, Campbell Reith, Craftwood Interiors, Dyson, HM Forces, GSPK Design Ltd, Jonathan Coles Lighting, Lancome, Lush Retail Ltd, MDM Props, Princess Motor Yacht Company, Quadrant2Design, among many others.

Have you visited both uni's during an open day to get a feel for the town/city, speak with academic staff, check out the facilities and look around halls?

Vicki
Hi Vicki,

Thank you for your response! BU does have really good placements and industry connections I have visited Bournemouth on an open day and had a look around the accommodation on the Talbot campus, but didn't have time for the others (I have viewed them all on the 360 tool on the website). I didn't go to Solent on an open day, my first time going there was for my interview as it was a last minute decision to apply but I did get a little tour around a few areas including where the product design facilities were. In terms of the town/city I live 45 mins from Southampton and 1hr from Bournemouth so I know both the areas really well
BU Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emzalol)
Hi Vicki,

Thank you for your response! BU does have really good placements and industry connections I have visited Bournemouth on an open day and had a look around the accommodation on the Talbot campus, but didn't have time for the others (I have viewed them all on the 360 tool on the website). I didn't go to Solent on an open day, my first time going there was for my interview as it was a last minute decision to apply but I did get a little tour around a few areas including where the product design facilities were. In terms of the town/city I live 45 mins from Southampton and 1hr from Bournemouth so I know both the areas really well
That's great news. The Student Village at Talbot campus does tend to be favoured by more mature students and is certainly more of a laid back location. The main halls of residence are located at Lansdowne and are all within a 5 minute walk of each other. They all have good ResLife teams that plan lots of activities. I would definitely recommend coming to have a look around if you get a chance :-)

Vicki
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (43)
14.88%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (94)
32.53%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (36)
12.46%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (24)
8.3%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.88%
I think it's an unfair expectation (72)
24.91%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise