What do you think would happen if you got caught with weed by the police? Watch

young bison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Only a small amount like a gram. Do you think you would get into a lot of trouble or would they just take it off you or give you a warning ?

Thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username3315892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I study law and I came across this last week. You will get arrested.
young bison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Abida.etc)
But do you think they would prosecute?
jhandley2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m sorry but you’re wrong. 99% unless he’s bumped into a proper jobsworth copper he won’t be arrested, only cautioned if it’s his first time.

In fact i’ve had friends who numerous times have been caught with cannabis and the police didn’t even confiscate it. Personal use really isn’t a priority issue for police anymore.
Last edited by jhandley2; 1 week ago
Pachuco
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jhandley2)
I’m sorry but you’re wrong. 99% unless he’s bumped into a proper jobsworth copper he won’t be arrested, only cautioned if it’s his first time.

In fact i’ve had friends who numerous times have been caught with cannabis and the police didn’t even confiscate it. Personal use really isn’t a priority issue for police anymore.
Yep, also this for me too. If you don't try to hide it and you are honest and respectful to them, they may well turn a blind eye to the weed.
taher4946
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
pretty sure you get arrested and fined
Decahedron
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Let off with a caution for first offence.
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Money well spent
Decahedron
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The police really don't care that much.
WaffleApple
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My friend I feel sorry for my future in law.

No you will not get arrested. Even if it’s not your first time getting caught you won’t be arrested.

9/10 police officers will walk past you in the street while you are smoking a joint and say nothing.

If you happen to get stopped with a gram it’s a verbal warning.

You have to have 3 or 4 recordable incidents for you to actually be arrested. Even then it’s rare they will arrest you.
RevisionWorld66
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
OP go on and test it out for us.
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Someone makes a thread on TSR about it.
username3315892
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by young bison)
But do you think they would prosecute?
Considering you only have a small amount, probably not. But I'd rather stay safe than sorry. You never know what kind of police officer you might get. You could either get a fine or warning, it varires. But had you had more than said amount you would get arrested
username3315892
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jhandley2)

Mate, you're right in that police officers maybe don't care as much about perosnal use of drugs and that he won't get arrested for a small amount (my bad I read it too quick) but considering the amount, whether you're dealing or producing, you will get arrested. It's just the law on those factors. But it's best to not take the risk, because you don't know what kind of police officer you might get, its gambling on whether you get a £90 fine or verbal warning.
jeff_gamer_guy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You might get shot
geniusiq139
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You will be cautioned by the police most likely. This is if they think it’s for personal use and you don’t intend to distribute it.
username3315892
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pachuco)
Yep, also this for me too. If you don't try to hide it and you are honest and respectful to them, they may well turn a blind eye to the weed.
The Metropolitan Police made a Youtube video on how to do stop and seaches. Where the girl refused (don't try to hide it as you said) they later found a small pack of weed on her. I'm not sure whether they arrested her on the grounds of refusing or whether on the weed. But here's the link if you want to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v1OZqZW6vA
jhandley2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Mate, you're right in that police officers maybe don't care as much about perosnal use of drugs and that he won't get arrested for a small amount (my bad I read it too quick) but considering the amount, whether you're dealing or producing, you will get arrested. It's just the law on those factors. But it's best to not take the risk, because you don't know what kind of police officer you might get, its gambling on whether you get a £90 fine or verbal warning.
This dude was asking whether he will get arrested for a small amount. Regardless of what law school says, in the real world, he’s VERY likely to get a verbal warning and nothing else.. not even a fine (if it’s his first time)

I think most recreational cannabis users are prepared to take the risk of a verbal warning or small fine. It’s almost as trivial, if not less, than parking on double yellows or overstaying your parking ticket. People take these risks.
username3315892
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
The police really don't care that much.
Only a select few. There are thousands of officers that ae trying their best to get these off the streets, because although I know, weed is a social drug people enjoy from time to time, the fact that there are children becoming messengers for these dealings is outrageous.
rockjxr18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If a police officer goes by the book then yes you will be arrested, but in most cases (if not all cases) where the quantity of weed is as small as a gram they often take it off you and let you off with a caution.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (11)
5.82%
No (178)
94.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed